"Guardian" Time

  • Carol Dove
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
      Group,

      Interesting

      Nazi Germany had then scarcely begun to rearm. The last thing it wanted
      was a fight with the large, well-trained Polish Army. Führer Hitler
      chose peace, signed a ten-year, non-aggression pact with Poland. Oddly
      enough, the pact has been scrupulously observed and Führer Hitler has
      shown few signs of going back on his word. In fact, Marshal Pilsudski's
      belligerent tactics, far from being resented, were so greatly admired
      by the belligerent Führer that even today few Hitler speeches on
      general Nazi policy in Eastern Europe omit a friendly reference to the
      late Polish dictator. Often has the Pilsudski method been suggested as
      Lesson 1-A for other powers dealing with Nazi Germany.

      http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,760830,00.html
    • Buyukpinar
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
        Carol
        Turkey has the same respect for our Jan III Sobieski when he beat them at their game at the gates of Vienna.
        Croissant anyone?
        pozdrawiam Krystyna-Toronto

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
          Krystyna and Group,

          I was really suprized to see and saddened to read the way Poland has to live looking over their shoulder. I guess from here I thought relationships where more on the up and up and hard feelings have been healed more.

          "One Pole out of five is illiterate", not only were they kept silenced by communism, but they were blinded as well. After reading this I was so depressed. Don't get me wrong I knew there was a long way to go, I just didn't know how far.

          Carol

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
            Carol
            It is unbelievable!!  but true.
            The whole cohort was uneducated due to the for 5 years of war in Poland  and after it was busy working to survive the communism.Or as they called it we were all equal or some in the gov't more equal than others.
            Then the whole cohort became totally dependent on government. Free enterprise was a criminal offense, everything was state owned. No competition to succeed..

            Amazingly Poland is still a Poland. Polish Kings were not Polish, they were brought in by Polish szlachta given a Polish name but not an army. it was szlachta who decided allegiances.
            We are Polish.---