Fw: RE: [Poland-speaks-out] Fw: [PGV] FW: FLASH - Eastern Poland property compensation deadline approaches

  • Carol Dove
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2008
      Jan and Group,

      This is a question that comes up often. As I told Jan, you cannot go by family's birth place in most cases. Much of the property was given or low cost loans provided to Polish military in 1920 for service rendered. Even knowing the location leave many searching for documentation. When Soviets came to deport Polish the history left behind was burned and/or destroyed.

      Kresy-Siberia@... group has alot of lists and locations to search. Once in Kresy group, look at Red Cross, Anders Army and so on. They also have maps, photo's and personal stories. ITS also has a search that can bring up families. Kresy-Claims@... has many to help and you should join this as well.

      I remember reading of Renkiewicz in records, now we must see what ones and the locations.

      Carol

      From: stashaok@...
      Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:13:59 -0800

      Romuald Lipinski, a soldier in the Polish Army that helped drive the Germans out of Italy and who is now living in Virginia, says "it broke our hearts when our land was lost to the Soviets - we felt totally betrayed by our own Allies. We helped win the war against Hitler but lost our homeland to Stalin. But even though we could never return home after the war, we never forgot our Polish homeland. Now after all these years, we rejoice that Poland is free again and that it has not forgotten us either."

      Almost 70 years after the war started, partial justice may finally be restored with the Polish government's compensation offer of twenty percent of the current value of the lost land and buildings. The compensation is funded by the sale of government property. Already nearly $100 million has been awarded to former residents of the Eastern Borderlands ("Kresy" in Polish) and their families for their lost land and homes.

      Deportation survivor and current Florida resident, Marie Gaffney, recalls "The Soviet troopers came with guns drawn in the dead of night and dragged us out into minus 40 degree temperatures, with only a few small bundles of our belongings in my father's hands and me in my mother's arms. They deported us to harsh labour camps in Siberia and seized all our property. Our homes are gone forever, but at least this is a symbolic recognition of the injustice we suffered."
      The 8 July 2005 Polish law provides for compensation on an equal basis for all pre-war Polish citizens leaving land outside the present borders of Poland due to circumstances surrounding the 1939-1945 war. This includes the deported families, the soldiers who served in the Polish Forces in the West, and their families who spent the war in refugee camps around the world.
      Australian second-generation survivor Louise Blazejowska says: "The story of the Soviet war-time persecution of eastern Poland's residents is a little known episode in the history of World War 2, including mass deportations to "Siberia" that resulted in starvation and death, the seizure of property and the cover-up of the Katyn massacre. But the survivors of those tragic events and their heirs now scattered across the world are to this day in the dark about their rights to justice and compensation for their seized property. They must act now before it is too late."
      Applications will be accepted only until the end of 2008. Mandatory preconditions include: owners of the property had to be Polish citizens in 1939 and had to have been living in Poland at that time; owners or their heirs must be Polish citizens now (citizenship can be confirmed if parents were Polish citizens); and inheritance rights have to be proven. Some description of the property must also be provided to determine its value.
      Although the initial claim must be lodged in one of Poland's provincial offices by 31 December 2008, any additional supporting evidence can be submitted after the claim is registered, including documents obtained from various archives in Poland, Britain, the US and the former Soviet republics. The Kresy-Siberia Group has organized Polish and English-speaking volunteers to help applicants fill out and lodge their forms as well as with research, translations and navigating through administrative requirements. For more information, or to obtain claim registration forms, potential claimants can e-mail info@kresy-claims. org or visit www.kresy-claims. org.
      Kresy-Siberia Group founder Stefan Wisniowski, Canadian-born and now living in Sydney, Australia, says: "For years, many Polish survivors were reluctant to claim money from their homeland as a matter of honor. However, many now understand that things have changed and that as a member of the European Union, Poland is a dynamic western economy that looks after all of its citizens' human rights, including their property rights. Others, who do not feel the need for financial compensation, may chose to donate their compensation payments to a worthy cause, such as the Kresy-Siberia Foundation which is developing a virtual museum on the internet to preserve their history for future generations. "
      The Kresy-Siberia Group is the international special interest group of over 750 survivors of the Soviet persecutions and their 2nd and 3rd-generation descendants. Its objectives are to research, remember and recognize the persecution of Polish citizens of all ethnic and religious backgrounds by the Soviet Union during the Second World War. As well as supporting property claimants with information and assistance, one of its current projects is developing a state-of-the- art "virtual museum" on the internet to commemorate this little-known chapter of the Second World War.

      Media contacts
      Australia & New Zealand:
      Stefan Wisniowski
      61-4-1186-4873 cell

      UK:

      George Neisser

      44-12572-79145 or 44-77379-98123 cell

      Jerzy.Neisser@ Kresy-Siberia. org

      USA & Canada:

      Lynda Kraar

      1-201-947-2516 or 1-

      551-486-3772 cell

      Lynda.Kraar@ Kresy-Siberia. org

      Poland:
      Aneta Hoffmann
      48-502-870-596 cell

      Ed. Note:
      The "Kresy-Siberia Group" brings into contact people from countries around the world with a special interest in the tragedy of over one million Polish citizens of various faiths and ethnicities (Polish, Ukrainian, Belorussian, Catholic, Orthodox, Jewish, etc.) either deported from eastern Poland (Kresy) in 1940-41 or otherwise arrested and sent to special Soviet labor camps in Siberia, Kazakhstan and eastern Asia. Some 115,000 of these were evacuated through Iran in 1942 as soldiers of Anders Army and their families - and eventually made their way to the West.

      The circumstances of their odyssey and the tragic history of the Polish citizens under Soviet Russian occupation during the war were hushed up by the Allies during the war to protect the reputation of the Soviet Union, an important ally in the war against Nazi Germany. Almost seventy years later the survivors have aged and many have died. The group brings together surviving deportees and their descendants to remember, learn, discover and spread the word of their ordeal to the world and to future generations. We can also provide you with "local" interviews.

      DO PILNEGO UPOWSZECHNIENIA

      Zbli

      ża się końcowy termin skladania wniosków o odszkodowania

      za utracone mienie na d. Kresach Wschodnich

      WARSZAWA, 6 listopada 2008 r
      . - - Mimo, iż fakt ten nie był szeroko omawiany poza Polską, jednakże zbliża się ostateczny termin składania wniosków w odpowiedzi na ofertę rządu polskiego dotyczącą wypłaty odszkodowań za mienie utracone w wyniku II wojny światowej, a leżące obecnie poza granicami Polski.
      Sprawa ta nie dotyczy zwrotu mienia skonfiskowanego na terenie Polski przez nazistowskie Niemcy czy powojenny re
      żim komunistyczny. Jest to odszkodowanie zaproponowane za nieruchomości utracone z powodu przesunięcia granic polskich po wojnie na zachód. Tereny byłych Kresów Wschodnich zostały włączone w 1945 r. do ZSRR, w zamian za zachodnie tereny zabrane pokonanej Rzeszy Niemieckiej.
      Pan Romuald Lipinski, ze stanu Wirginia, USA,
      żołnierz II Korpusu Armii Polskiej, która pokonała Niemców we Włoszech, powiedział "byliśmy zrozpaczeni, gdy nasza ziemia została utracona na rzecz Sowietów - czuliśmy się całkowicie zdradzeni przez naszych sojuszników. Pomogliśmy zwyciężyć Hitlera, ale nasza ojczyzna dostała się pod władanie Stalina. I mimo, iż nie mogliśmy powrócić do naszych domów po wojnie, nigdy nie zapomnieliśmy naszej ojczyzny - Polski. Teraz po tych wszystkich latach, cieszymy się, że Polska jest znów wolna i że ona także o nas nie zapomniała".
      Po prawie 70 latach, jakie min
      ęły od czasów II wojny światowej, propozycja polskiego rządu dotycząca wypłaty odszkodowań w wysokości 20% wartości utraconej ziemi i nieruchomości może stanowić w końcu częściowe zadośćuczynienie ich właścicielom. Odszkodowania są finansowane ze sprzedaży nieruchomości należących do Skarbu Państwa. Do chwili obecnej prawie 100 milionów dolarów zostało wypłaconych dawnym mieszkańcom Kresów Wschodnich i ich rodzinom.
      Sybiraczka Bo
      żena Marie Gaffney, mieszkająca obecnie na Florydzie, wspomina "Żołnierze sowieccy wtargnęli z karabinami w środku nocy i wygnali nas z domu przy temperaturze -40 C jedynie z kilkoma węzełkami naszych rzeczy osobistych niesionych przez mojego ojca i mnie tulonej w ramionach mojej mamy. Zostaliśmy deportowani do ciężkich obozów pracy na Syberii, a cały nasz majątek został skonfiskowany. Już nigdy nie odzyskamy naszych domów, więc chociaż to odszkodowanie jest symbolicznym zadośćuczynieniem niesprawiedliwości, jakiej byliśmy ofiarami".
      Na mocy polskiej Ustawy z dnia 8 lipca 2005 r. odszkodowania nale
      żą się w równej mierze wszystkim przedwojennym obywatelom polskim, którzy w wyniku II wojny światowej zmuszeni byli opuścić ówczesne terytorium Rzeczypospolitej. Dotyczy to deportowanych rodzin, żołnierzy, którzy służyli w Polskich Siłach Zbrojnych na Zachodzie oraz ich rodzin, które wojnę spędziły w obozach dla uchodźców rozsianych po całym świecie.
      Przedstawicielka drugiego pokolenia Sybiraków - Pani Louise Bla
      żejowska, mieszkająca w Australii, powiedziała : "Tragiczne losy mieszkańców d. Kresów Wschodnich w czasie okupacji sowieckiej są mało znanym epizodem w historii II wojny światowej. Dotyczy to masowych deportacji na Syberię, których konsekwencją był głód i śmierć, odbierania mienia czy ukrywania zbrodni w Katyniu. Cudownie ocaleni uczestnicy tych tragicznych wydarzeń oraz ich potomkowie do dnia dzisiejszego nie wierzą, iż kiedykolwiek spotka ich należna im sprawiedliwość i odszkodowanie za utracone mienie. Muszą oni teraz przystąpić do działania, póki nie jest jeszcze za późno".
      Wnioski b
      ędą przyjmowane jedynie do końca 2008 r. Podstawowe wymogi uprawniające do złożenia wniosku to : wlaściciele nieruchomości byli obywatelami polskimi w 1939 r. i mieszkali w tym czasie na terenie Polski; wlaściciele lub ich potomkowie muszą posiadać obecnie obywatelstwo polskie (obywatelstwo może zostać potwierdzone, jeśli rodzice byli obywatelami polskimi); prawa do spadku są potwierdzone. Do wniosku powinien być dołączony opis nieruchomości - jest to niezbędne do późniejszego określenia wartości nieruchomości.
      Chocia
      ż wstępny wniosek o odszkodowanie musi zostać złożony w jednym z urzędów wojewódzkich w Polsce do dnia 31 grudnia 2008 r., to dokumenty stanowiące załącznik do wniosku mogą być dostarczone później, po rejestracji wniosku. Dotyczy to dokumentów odszukanych w różnych archiwach w Polsce, Wielkiej Brytanii, USA czy w byłych republikach ZSRR.
      Grupa Kresy-Syberia stworzyła grupę wolontariuszy mówiących po polsku i po angielsku, którzy będą pomagać osobom zainteresowanym wypełnić i złożyć wniosek czy tez będą służyć pomocą przy tłumaczeniach. W celu uzyskania dalszych informacji lub niezbę<

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

      WARSAW POLAND, Thursday, Nov 6, 2008

      - - Although it has not been widely publicized outside Poland, the deadline is looming for the Polish government's offer of compensation for property left outside its present borders in connection with the Second World War.

      This is in not related to restitution for property confiscated in Poland by the German Nazi and post-war Communist regimes. Rather, it is compensation offered for property left behind when Poland's borders were shifted west after the war. Poland's eastern territories were taken over by the Soviet Union in exchange for new western territories taken from a vanquished Germany.

    • JJ Rynk
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 25, 2008
        Carol,

        OMG!  Yes, please as this would be another major break through for me and my family.   Speaking of family, I wish all a very Happy and Glorious Thanksgiving.  I miss so very Dearly my Dearest friend Pani Joanna (Stankiewicz) Januszczak  from Gdynia, Poland.  SHe did so very mush for me and my family and so unselfishly and so giving from her heart as she tried to keep in touch with my living offspring alive and well today in Poland still lives in my GGP's land which a newer home has been built on #14 Zebry resides Pani Halina Merchelska.

        I will forever remember you Pani Joanna for all the time and efforts and coaching you gave me in Polish ettiquette or lack tere of!

        My wife Patricia misses the instant Beet root soupa!  Its is so delicous!  We still have one packet left and for some reason have not use it up as of yet.

        Sto Lat,

        Jan J. Rynkiewicz / Renkiewicz (The very Proud Grandson)

        To: Poland-speaks-out@yahoogroups.com
        From: stashaok@...
        Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:35:25 -0800

        Kresy-Siberia@ Yahoo.com group has alot of lists and locations to search. Once in Kresy group, look at Red Cross, Anders Army and so on. They also have maps, photo's and personal stories. ITS also has a search that can bring up families. Kresy-Claims@ Yahoo.com has many to help and you should join this as well.

        From: stashaok@yahoo. com
        Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:13:59 -0800

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2008
          Jan and Group,

          Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Don't forget to set an extra place setting for our loved ones.

          Carol Celinska Dove

          Jan,
          Join the group for claims and Kresy. Maybe for Thanksgiving "beet soup" on the side to warm the heart. :)

          From: stashaok@yahoo. com
          Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:35:25 -0800

           / Waclawski / Woynoski /  Yarashefski / Zarzecky

          To: Poland-speaks- out@yahoogroups. com

          WARSAW POLAND, Thursday, Nov 6, 2008

          - - Although it has not been widely publicized outside Poland, the deadline is looming for the Polish government's offer of compensation for property left outside its present borders in connection with the Second World War.
        • Carol
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
            Jan,

            Stefan from KS group asked for more information? Join Kresy-Claim.com.

            Thanks, Carol

            --- In Poland-speaks-out@yahoogroups.com, JJ Rynk <JJRynk@...> wrote:

            > Carol,
            >
            > OMG! Yes, please as this would be another major break through for
            me and my family. Speaking of family, I wish all a very Happy and
            Glorious Thanksgiving. I miss so very Dearly my Dearest friend Pani
            Joanna (Stankiewicz) Januszczak from Gdynia, Poland. SHe did so
            very mush for me and my family and so unselfishly and so giving from
            her heart as she tried to keep in touch with my living offspring
            alive and well today in Poland still lives in my GGP's land which a
            newer home has been built on #14 Zebry resides Pani Halina Merchelska.

            > I will forever remember you Pani Joanna for all the time and
            efforts and coaching you gave me in Polish ettiquette or lack tere of!

            > My wife Patricia misses the instant Beet root soupa! Its is so
            delicous! We still have one packet left and for some reason have not
            use it up as of yet.

            > Sto Lat,
            >
            > Jan J. Rynkiewicz / Renkiewicz (The very Proud Grandson)
            > Searching for Surnames:
            > Rynkiewicz / Rinkevicius / Renkiewicz / Buckley / Chmielewski /
            Crake/ Hajduk / Hydock
            > / Kilgasky / Kopinski / Merchelski / Michalski / Mislak /
            Niziol / Opachinski / Reptak / Sieniewska / Stanek / Stasiewicz /
            Szepieniec / Trygar / Tusack / Vosburgh / Wojtowicz
            > / Waclawski / Woynoski / Yarashefski / Zarzecky
            >
            > To: Poland-speaks-out@...: stashaok@...: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:35:25 -
            0800Subject: Fw: RE: [Poland-speaks-out] Fw: [PGV] FW: FLASH -

            approachesTo: "Carol Stashaok - Poland - Help" <stashaok@...>,
            mysimon55@...: Monday, November 24, 2008, 7:03 PM
            > Carol, How would I know what my GF Jan Renkiewicz or his parents
            Andrzej & Mariana (Chmielewska) Renkiewicz or for that matter
            Andrzej's parents who were Mixchal & Anrononina (Modzelewska)
            Renkiewicz who were from Mscichy, Poland? How do I find that out?
            Sto Lat, Jan
            > Searching for Surnames:
            > Rynkiewicz / Rinkevicius / Renkiewicz / Buckley / Chmielewski /
            Crake/ Hajduk / Hydock
            > / Kilgasky / Kopinski / Merchelski / Michalski / Mislak /
            Niziol / Opachinski / Reptak / Sieniewska / Stanek / Stasiewicz /
            Szepieniec / Trygar / Tusack / Vosburgh / Wojtowicz
            > / Waclawski / Woynoski / Yarashefski / Zarzecky
            >
            > To: Poland-speaks-out@...: stashaok@...: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:13:59 -
            0800Subject: [Poland-speaks-out] Fw: [PGV] FW: FLASH - Eastern Poland

            org> wrote:
            > From: Polish American Congress <pacwash@polamcon. org>Subject:
            [PGV] FW: FLASH - Eastern Poland property compensation deadline
            approachesTo: pacwash@polamcon. orgDate: Saturday, December 20, 2008,
            12:58 PM

            > For your information. Please make sure to forward the message below
            to all persons who might be interested.
            > Polish American Congress1612 K Street, N.W. Suite 410Washington,
            D.C. 20006Tel: (202) 296-6955Fax: (202) 835-1565Web: www.polamcon.
            org

            > -----Original Message-----From: Stefan Wisniowski [Kresy-Siberia]
            [mailto:stefan. wisniowski@ kresy-siberia. org]Sent: Wednesday,
            November 19, 2008 10:08 PMTo: pacchgo@polamcon. org;
            pacwash@polamcon. orgCc: wjlukaszewski@ gmail.com; tinijoroga@yahoo.
            comSubject: FLASH - Eastern Poland property compensation deadline
            approachesImportance: High
> [...]
            made their way to the West.
            > The circumstances of their odyssey and the tragic history of the
            Polish citizens under Soviet Russian occupation during the war were
            hushed up by the Allies during the war to protect the reputation of
            the Soviet Union, an important ally in the war against Nazi Germany.
            Almost seventy years later the survivors have aged and many have
            died. The group brings together surviving deportees and their
            descendants to remember, learn, discover and spread the word of their
            ordeal to the world and to future generations. We can also provide
            you with "local" interviews.

            > DO PILNEGO UPOWSZECHNIENIA
            > Zbli¿a siê koñcowy termin skladania wniosków o odszkodowania
            > za utracone mienie na d. Kresach Wschodnich
            > WARSZAWA, 6 listopada 2008 r. - - Mimo, i¿ fakt ten nie by³ szeroko
            omawiany poza Polsk±, jednak¿e zbli¿a siê ostateczny termin sk³adania
            wniosków w odpowiedzi na ofertê rz±du polskiego dotycz±c± wyp³aty
            odszkodowañ za mienie utracone w wyniku II wojny ¶wiatowej, a le¿±ce
            obecnie poza granicami Polski.
            > Sprawa ta nie dotyczy zwrotu mienia skonfiskowanego na terenie
            Polski przez nazistowskie Niemcy czy powojenny re¿im komunistyczny.
            Jest to odszkodowanie zaproponowane za nieruchomo¶ci utracone z
            powodu przesuniêcia granic polskich po wojnie na zachód. Tereny
            by³ych Kresów Wschodnich zosta³y w³±czone w 1945 r. do ZSRR, w zamian
            za zachodnie tereny zabrane pokonanej Rzeszy Niemieckiej.
            > Pan Romuald Lipinski, ze stanu Wirginia, USA, ¿o³nierz II Korpusu
            Armii Polskiej, która pokona³a Niemców we W³oszech,
            powiedzia³ "byli¶my zrozpaczeni, gdy nasza ziemia zosta³a utracona na
            rzecz Sowietów - czuli¶my siê ca³kowicie zdradzeni przez naszych
            sojuszników. Pomogli¶my zwyciê¿yæ Hitlera, ale nasza ojczyzna dosta³a
            siê pod w³adanie Stalina. I mimo, i¿ nie mogli¶my powróciæ do naszych
            domów po wojnie, nigdy nie zapomnieli¶my naszej ojczyzny - Polski.
            Teraz po tych wszystkich latach, cieszymy siê, ¿e Polska jest znów
            wolna i ¿e ona tak¿e o nas nie zapomnia³a".
            > Po prawie 70 latach, jakie minê³y od czasów II wojny ¶wiatowej,
            propozycja polskiego rz±du dotycz±ca wyp³aty odszkodowañ w wysoko¶ci
            20% warto¶ci utraconej ziemi i nieruchomo¶ci mo¿e stanowiæ w koñcu
            czê¶ciowe zado¶æuczynienie ich w³a¶cicielom. Odszkodowania s±
            finansowane ze sprzeda¿y nieruchomo¶ci nale¿±cych do Skarbu Pañstwa.
            Do chwili obecnej prawie 100 milionów dolarów zosta³o wyp³aconych
            dawnym mieszkañcom Kresów Wschodnich i ich rodzinom.
            > Sybiraczka Bo¿ena Marie Gaffney, mieszkaj±ca obecnie na Florydzie,
            wspomina "¯o³nierze sowieccy wtargnêli z karabinami w ¶rodku nocy i
            wygnali nas z domu przy temperaturze -40 C jedynie z kilkoma
            wêze³kami naszych rzeczy osobistych niesionych przez mojego ojca i
            mnie tulonej w ramionach mojej mamy. Zostali¶my deportowani do
            ciê¿kich obozów pracy na Syberii, a ca³y nasz maj±tek zosta³
            skonfiskowany. Ju¿ nigdy nie odzyskamy naszych domów, wiêc chocia¿ to
            odszkodowanie jest symbolicznym zado¶æuczynieniem niesprawiedliwo¶ci,
            jakiej byli¶my ofiarami".
            > Na mocy polskiej Ustawy z dnia 8 lipca 2005 r. odszkodowania nale¿±
            siê w równej mierze wszystkim przedwojennym obywatelom polskim,
            którzy w wyniku II wojny ¶wiatowej zmuszeni byli opu¶ciæ ówczesne
            terytorium Rzeczypospolitej. Dotyczy to deportowanych rodzin,
            ¿o³nierzy, którzy s³u¿yli w Polskich Si³ach Zbrojnych na Zachodzie
            oraz ich rodzin, które wojnê spêdzi³y w obozach dla uchod¼ców
            rozsianych po ca³ym ¶wiecie.
            > Przedstawicielka drugiego pokolenia Sybiraków - Pani Louise
            Bla¿ejowska, mieszkaj±ca w Australii, powiedzia³a : "Tragiczne losy
            mieszkañców d. Kresów Wschodnich w czasie okupacji sowieckiej s± ma³o
            znanym epizodem w historii II wojny ¶wiatowej. Dotyczy to masowych
            deportacji na Syberiê, których konsekwencj± by³ g³ód i ¶mieræ,
            odbierania mienia czy ukrywania zbrodni w Katyniu. Cudownie ocaleni
            uczestnicy tych tragicznych wydarzeñ oraz ich potomkowie do dnia
            dzisiejszego nie wierz±, i¿ kiedykolwiek spotka ich nale¿na im
            sprawiedliwo¶æ i odszkodowanie za utracone mienie. Musz± oni teraz
            przyst±piæ do dzia³ania, póki nie jest jeszcze za pó¼no".
            > Wnioski bêd± przyjmowane jedynie do koñca 2008 r. Podstawowe wymogi
            uprawniaj±ce do z³o¿enia wniosku to : wla¶ciciele nieruchomo¶ci byli
            obywatelami polskimi w 1939 r. i mieszkali w tym czasie na terenie
            Polski; wla¶ciciele lub ich potomkowie musz± posiadaæ obecnie
            obywatelstwo polskie (obywatelstwo mo¿e zostaæ potwierdzone, je¶li
            rodzice byli obywatelami polskimi); prawa do spadku s± potwierdzone.
            Do wniosku powinien byæ do³±czony opis nieruchomo¶ci - jest to
            niezbêdne do pó¼niejszego okre¶lenia warto¶ci nieruchomo¶ci.
            > Chocia¿ wstêpny wniosek o odszkodowanie musi zostaæ z³o¿ony w
            jednym z urzêdów wojewódzkich w Polsce do dnia 31 grudnia 2008 r., to
            dokumenty stanowi±ce za³±cznik do wniosku mog± byæ dostarczone
            pó¼niej, po rejestracji wniosku. Dotyczy to dokumentów odszukanych w
            ró¿nych archiwach w Polsce, Wielkiej Brytanii, USA czy w by³ych
            republikach ZSRR.
            > Grupa Kresy-Syberia stworzy³a grupê wolontariuszy mówi±cych po
            polsku i po angielsku, którzy bêd± pomagaæ osobom zainteresowanym
            wype³niæ i z³o¿yæ wniosek czy tez bêd± s³u¿yæ pomoc± przy
            t³umaczeniach. W celu uzyskania dalszych informacji lub niezbêdnych
            formularzy, potencjalni wnioskodawcy mog± siê kontaktowaæ z nami
            drog± emailow± : info@kresy-mienie. org lub odwiedzaj±c stronê
            www.kresy-mienie. org.
            > Za³o¿yciel Grupy Kresy-Syberia - Pan Stefan Wi¶niowski,
            Australijczyk urodzony w Kanadzie - stwierdzi³: "Przez lata wielu
            by³ych polskich wysiedleñców by³o przeciwnych wystêpowaniu do swojej
            ojczyzny o jakiekolwiek pieni±dze, traktuj±c tê sprawê w kategoriach
            honoru. Jednak¿e wielu spo¶ród nich jest dzi¶ ¶wiadomych, ¿e sytuacja
            siê zmieni³a. Obecnie polska gospodarka dynamicznie siê rozwija, a
            Polska jako cz³onek Unii Europejskiej troszczy siê o przestrzeganie
            praw swych obywateli, tak¿e ich praw w³asno¶ci. Inni, którzy nie
            odczuwaj± potrzeby finansowego odszkodowania, mog± ofiarowaæ uzyskane
            pieni±dze na cel charytatywny, na przyk³ad Fundacjê Kresy-Syberia,
            która tworzy obecnie muzeum wirtualne po¶wiêcone upamiêtnieniu ich
            losów dla przysz³ych pokoleñ".
            > Grupa Kresy-Syberia jest miêdzynarodow± grup± skupiaj±c± ponad 750
            by³ych Sybiraków i ich potomków z drugiego i trzeciego pokolenia. Jej
            celem jest badanie, upamiêtnianie i upowszechnianie tragicznych losów
            obywateli polskich ró¿nych narodowo¶ci i wyznañ pod okupacj± sowieck±
            w trakcie II wojny ¶wiatowej. Poza wspieraniem osób pragn±cych z³o¿yæ
            wnioski o odszkodowanie, jednym z jej bie¿±cych projektów jest
            stworzenie "wirtualnego muzeum" w Internecie maj±cego za zadanie
            upamiêtniæ ten ma³o znany fragment historii II wojny ¶wiatowej.

            > Kontakty dla prasy :
            > Australia & New Zelandia :
            > Stefan Wi¶niowski
            > tel. kom.+61-4-1186- 4873
            > Stefan.Wisniowski@ Kresy-Syberia. org
            >
            > Wielka Brytania :
            > Jerzy Neisser
            > tel. kom. 44-77379-98123 oraz +44-12572-79145
            > Jerzy.Neisser@ Kresy-Syberia. org
            >
            > USA & Kanada :
            > Lynda Kraar
            > tel. kom. 1-551-486-3772 oraz +1-201-947-2516
            > Lynda.Kraar@ Kresy-Syberia. org
            >
            > Polska :
            > Aneta Hoffmann
            > tel. kom. +48-502-870- 596
            > Aneta.Hoffmann@ Kresy-Syberia. org
            >

            > Przypis: "Grupa Kresy-Syberia" ³±czy ludzi z ró¿nych krajów, dla
            których wa¿ny jest temat tragedii ponad miliona obywateli polskich
            ró¿nych wyznañ i narodowo¶ci (Polaków, Ukraiñców, Bia³orusinów,
            katolików, prawos³awnych, ¿ydów itp.), którzy zostali aresztowani lub
            deportowani z b. Kresów Wschodnich II RP w latach 1940-41 do
            specjalnych obozów pracy na Syberii, w Kazachstanie i na tereny
            azjatyckich republik ZSRR. 115.000 spo¶ród nich zosta³o ewakuowanych
            do Iranu w 1942 r. jako ¿o³nierze Armii Andersa i ich rodziny.
            Ostatecznie znale¼li siê oni na Zachodzie. Okoliczno¶ci ich odysei i
            tragicznych losów obywateli polskich pod okupacj± sowieck± w czasie
            II wojny ¶wiatowej by³y przemilczane przez aliantów w czasie wojny,
            aby chroniæ imiê ZSRR - wa¿nego sojusznika w walce z III Rzesz±.
            Prawie siedemdziesi±t lat pó¼niej Sybiracy zestarzeli siê, wielu
            spo¶ród z nich ju¿ nie ¿yje. Nasza grupa ³±czy Sybiraków i ich
            potomków, aby upamiêtniaæ, nauczaæ, odkrywaæ i upowszechniaæ wiedzê
            nt. ich tragicznych losów - na ca³ym ¶wiecie i kolejnym pokoleniom.
            Mo¿emy udzieliæ Pañstwu tak¿e lokalnych wywiadów.

            > Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to
            suspicious email. Sign up today.

            > Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the "I'm a PC" Messenger
            themepack now.
            > hthttp://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119642558/direct/01/

          • John J. Rynkiewicz
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30 7:02 AM
              Carol,

              I seen this information on documents offered for bid at a place called R&R Auction from new Hampshire.

              I thought that the group might be interested in this info?

              Here is what is being offered:

              Rare 1944 document signed by RAOUL WALLENBERG during his courageous efforts to save Hungarian Jews in the midst of the Holocaust

              Description

              Swedish diplomat and humanitarian (1912–1947?). After training as an architect at the University of Michigan , Wallenberg entered the import-export business. In 1944, through his business contacts, Wallenberg became First Secretary to the Swedish legation in Budapest . In this capacity he embarked on a tireless effort to save the scores of Hungarian Jews who were being deported to death camps at the rate of thousands per day. With the arrival of the Red Army in Budapest in January 1945, Wallenberg was arrested by the Soviets on suspicion of being a spy for the United States . After he was transferred to a prison in the USSR , Wallenberg disappeared. Though much-disputed official Soviet reports date his death to 1947, other research has suggested that he lived as long as the late 1980s, and researchers continue to search for the truth behind his ultimate fate. Rare partly printed and typed DS, in German and Hungarian, signed “R. Wallenberg” as Secretary of the Royal Swedish Embassy in Budapest, on an 8 x 13.25 sheet folded to make four approximately 4 x 6.5 panels, August 23, 1944. A two-language “Employment Certificate.” In full (translated): “The Royal Swedish Embassy herewith certifies that Mrs. Julius Heller, née Flora Hegedüs, is in steady employment with the Repatriation Department of the Embassy, as well as with the Swedish Red Cross. Budapest , August 23, 1944....” Heller has signed beneath her affixed photo; the document also bears several Royal Swedish Embassy ink stamps. Wallenberg signed the present document during the six-month period (beginning in July 1944) in which he devised and distributed thousands of “Schutzpasses,” a special official-looking (but essentially invalid) Swedish passport that granted the bearer immunity from deportation to death camps. As another of many creative measures devised to save Hungarian Jews, Wallenberg also opened an office in Budapest staffed with 400 Jewish volunteers who were issued “Employment Passes,” similar to the present document, granting them diplomatic immunity. This makeshift workforce was instrumental in assisting the overextended Wallenberg, who clearly recognized the urgency of their task in a memo titled “Concerning the Jews in Hungary,” drafted in the same month: “Rumors concerning the imminent deportation of the remaining Jews in Budapest continue to circulate, and August 28 [five days after the date of the present item] is said to be the starting date of the operation…. The earlier guarantee that Jews holding foreign citizenship would not be interned before September 30 has been rescinded, and the foreign legations in Budapest have been alerted to the fact that internment is scheduled for the 26th of this month…. Now that … protective documents have been issued, KEOKH [the state-run agency for surveillance of foreign citizens] tells us that [exemption] privileges will only be granted if a Schutzpass is issued….” The scene in Wallenberg’s offices is starkly described by a woman who aided in the efforts, as recounted in the biography Raoul Wallenberg by Harvey Rosenfeld: “We had to work around the clock because there was no other choice. Wallenberg set the tempo for those who worked with him. There were many times that we lay on the floor for an hour’s nap….” Mild soiling and handling wear, and official ink stamp to first two letters of signature (not affecting legibility), otherwise fine condition. American Book Prices Current documents only a single Wallenberg-signed item at auction in the last quarter century. A stirring and elusive treasure from this most resourceful and revered of humanitarians! JSA/John Reznikoff Auction LOA and RRAuction COA

              There was also two documents picturedm and I have attached them. I am not trying to solicity anything here but rather just present the information.
              Sto Lat,

              Jan

              Searching for Surnames:

              Rynkiewicz / Rinkevicius / Renkiewicz / Buckley / Chmielewski / Crake/ Hajduk / Hydock

               / Kilgasky  / Kopinski /  Merchelski / Michalski / Mislak / Niziol / Opachinski  / Reptak / Sieniewska  / Stanek / Stasiewicz / Szepieniec / Trygar / Tusack /  Vosburgh  / Wojtowicz

               / Waclawski / Woynoski /  Yarashefski / Zarzecky

              Quick access to Windows Live and your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8.