Re: [Poland-speaks-out] Please welcome our newest member, Paul

  • Carol Dove
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
      Paul,

      Did you get my message last week on Celinski and Lochka's to be added to your site, they lived in Poczajow, woj. Wolyn. Your facts and #'s are impressive. Carol Celinska Dove

      Carol Dove <stashaok@...> wrote:
      Paul,
      Great job on your site. I can understand where you are coming from as far as spreading bs. I am simply after the truth being put back into history myself. We have our work cut out for ourselves. Please feel free to add your link to our files. I feel with Poland being free we shall have a chance at getting some of our work to pay off.

      As you will see we have a great group with all areas from Canada, Poland, USA...

      At present I am working on United States Holocaust Memorial Musuem in Washington, DC. It seems they cover "Nazi", "Jewish" victims and I am trying to have them tell the whole truth. Being Roman Catholic my family seem to be left out. "Stalin" is not considered (unless proven to be Nazi related) in the musuem. Personally I feel they are altering history  by excluding victims of a killer that accounts for a larger % than "Hitler". Now I must prove my case.

      I'm glad you found us, and I look forward to hearing what has helped you in your quests.

      Carol Celinska Dove, USA

      Carole

      Thanks, I suppose I'd better introduce myself.
      I'm Paul, live in the UK and am the designer of www.kresy.co. uk, the
      site was designed initially with Podole in mind as that's where my
      mum is from. Biala pow Czortkow to be exact. I'm after facts and have
      been accused by some Ukrainian circles to be spreading false
      propaganda, which they have to prove so far.

      Paul

      At 19:20 03/03/2008, you wrote:
      >Paul,
      >
      >Welcome to the group. Please feel free to "speak out" any questions are
      >welcomed as are any points of view.
      >
      >Carol Celinska Dove
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Carol Dove
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
        Paul,

        Welcome to Poland Speaks Out. I also want to suggest you join the Kresy-
        Siberia group as they cover your area of intrest also. Check out my
        files, links and feel free to add your own. Please tell the group a bit
        about yourself and speak out.

        Carol Celinska Dove
      • AtticusFinch1048@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
          Hi All

          I am Paul part of the Podolanski clan here in Manchester. Having started to research my Grandfather and the history of my family and what we lost, I seem to be joining more groups related to Poland and keeping the truth alive.

          My Grandfather was a polish Paratrooper, he fought in the defence of Poland and France before being taken to Scotland as part of the retreat. He was originally a member of the Polish 4th Engineers before reaching Britian. Where he eventually saw service once again but as one of the Polish Paratroopers attached to the British Army. At the end of the war he served 3 years in the Polish Auxillary(Military Police) in Germany. In 1948 he came back to Britain to his wife (Beryl whom he married in 1943) and children. He was not allowed home.

          His mother Stanislawa was arrested on 13 April 1940 at 2am, when the Russians surrounded her house outside of Lwow, and arrested her because her son was in the Polish Army and her husband was a captain in the Polish Police. Someone she hadn't seen since the outbreak of war. My Great Grandmother was transported according to Karta, to Dmitriewka in Kazakhstan, she was only released in 1950 and that was after my Grandfather paid a bribe via his Uncle to the Russians. She had been working down the mines.

          What upset my Grandfather more is that his mother died without ever being reunited with her husband Marian whom the Russians told her was dead. In 1974 my grandfather learnt that he had survived and lived until 1970 in Warsaw.

          I am now trying to piece things together to find my family and what we lost, and the family we have lost. I am also finishing a History degree here in the UK at the moment and am being encouraged to do a Masters maybe working towards a Doctorate, on Polish history from Pre-war, war and Post War Poles. As there are thousands of stories die each year I want to record them and those families so the world understand what we lost. That there is a forgotten holocaust which in total killed of 18 million and at the same time the Poles also had to suffer from being Ethnically Cleansed and made to suffer in foreign lands by Stalin.

          Hope that is enough for now!

          Paul
        • Carol Dove
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
            Paul,

            If you are not in Kresy Siberia group join now. You will read the
            stories of the family members deported to Siberia, find arrest
            reports by Russia on family members, get assistance in land
            compensation (if you lost property you lived on in 1939, Lwow) we
            have until Dec. 2008 to place claims for compensation. 1,00's of
            photos of Lwow, the people, maps.

            A new book just came out about Siberia and I will add the link here.