Re: The Russia won't like this

  • Jan Niechwiadowicz
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17 8:16 AM
      Dear Carol and Group,

      I am current in Poland hence I may have missed some posts and lack
      access to a spelling checker (well I have access to a Polish one but
      it seems to think all my words are wrong).

      >> It seems theres not much the Russian Pres. Putin does like.

      What seems strange is the relatively weak position of Russia.
      Basically their GDP is half the UK and these spend on their military
      is likewise half. Compared to the US their spend on military is
      nothing. They can not afford another arms race, they lost the last
      time and would easier this time unless they are counting on China to
      join them.

      >> It is as if Russia still does not understand that Poland and
      Ukraine are free.

      To be fair to Russia they have suffered invasion (but then so have
      Poland, Ukraine and Belarus) and I can understand Russia concerns. I
      was worried that the new Polish government would give in too much to
      Russia but so far they seem to playing the game well i.e. seeking
      friendship with Russia but still making a stand where necessary.

      >> This last threat seems like a political ploy in light of the
      upcoming elections in Russia.

      Agreed.

      Regards

      Jan Niechwiadowicz, Cardiff