Need help with pictures.

  • Carol Dove
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
      Group,

      I am trying to get some information on some pictures. I believe they
      are OFLAG V11-A. Date seems to be 1944 with USA moving in to free
      mostly Polish military POW's, some look to be Warsaw in ruin's (maybe
      someone can ID by the church steeples)in the back ground. Please let me
      know if you know anyone or what is going on in the picture. I will add
      them ASAP, one group looks to be the burial of victims, another shows
      men looking at list on the wall.

      Carol
    • Danuta Janina Wójcik
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
        Hello Carol,

        I will give it a try. You can send the photos to my personal e-mail or upload them to this site.   If it was Warsaw.  Warsaw was flattened during WWII.

        Pozdrawiam,
        Danuta

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
          Witaj, Carol,
          In the event you didn't know,  OFLAG V11 - A, I believe was in Moosberg, Germany.  If you have any information on Landshut which was one of the first POW Camps in Germany let me know.

          Pozdrawiam,
          Danuta

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
              Witaj, Carol,

              There are pictures already on file.  Is it the Warsaw picture, you want identified?

              Puppet in Polish is marionetka.  And the show as an attraction is marionetkowy.  I have not seen the show.