The Holy Temples

  • Val John Jennings
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2009
      The Holy Temples
      by: Vivian Bell

      Tall among the nations they stand,
      gleaming like the brilliance of sun and snow.
      Upward, we lift shaded eyes and see
      An angel flying in the midst of Heaven.

      Here we feel the presence of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
      Here we learn of him and his triumph over life and death.

      The soft strains of an organ playing grace the halls,
      Reminding all who enter that this is the Lord's house.

      Pathways guide us to and through doors of eternity.
      Hushed tones and bright smiles radiate from every corner.

      Stained glass windows reflect vivid colors into the atmosphere,
      Depicting the time of day as varying degrees of glory.

      As dusk softly, slowly, evolves into night,
      Celestial service forwards with a newness of spirit.

      Majestic temples continue to shine by the lights of the universe,
      Commanded by deity the sun, moon and stars obey.

      At the dawn of day we voice "Our love o Lord, for thy house"
      and the place where thine honor dwelleth.

      With rejoicing, we celebrate the Holy Temples,
      and with full heart we sing the song of redeeming love.

      Copyright ©2009 Vivian Bell