a new poem

  • lona_mariwany
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2008
      Hi..i thought this group is 4 poetess women but no one ever sends
      any poem..however,this is a poem of mine & i think some of u had
      lived such a stuation..plz leave a comment:

      Good-bye
      Good-bye sir, it's time for me to go
      I know I'll get lost; I'll have so much to go through
      I read the despise in your look
      I know for you it's just another mistake
      But sir, I'm bleeding; I'm choking here
      So order your guards to open the gates

      The curtains of your castle are always closed
      Music, joy, & the sunshine are forbidden from entering the rooms
      My wings are hanged on the walls from ages
      Covered with dust waiting to be wore again
      So please sir don't hate me for my decision
      I just need to fly & take one clear breath

      You smothered me for a long time
      Ask my pillow; ask the sheets about my tears
      Ask the mirror that always reads my sad looks
      & the makeup that tries hard to erase sleeplessness traces from my
      face
      But above them all, ask your merciless eyes
      Since every day they watched me falling apart

      My jailer, give me a chance to escape
      From my masks, my fancy dresses, & your exhausting demands
      I paid a heart, a body & only have a soul
      As frightened as a little bird that faced a sudden storm

      So good-bye sir, now it's my time to go
      Let this weary body leave since the heart did so long ago
      Just say good-bye & sooner you'll forget
      & no longer think of me; of your losing bet