Freedom On The Line -

  • Tamara Lynn Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      Poems Of the War: Freedom on the Rise
      Tamara Lynn Scott  February 1, 2003

      In this world of petty tyrants,
      On an Earth turning ripe to be free,
      Do we step up and face the dangers,
      Do we fight for the rights of everyone's needs.

      Can we rise as a one heart, united?
      Can we stand here in shining  belief
      That we have in our hands
      The means of command,
      The hope of the brave and the free?

      Humankind on the battlefield waiting,
      With the hope the downtrodden will rise,
      And set upon course  participatory voice,
      Sharing the worth,  and the life.

      What is best for the greatest number of people,
      With all of the people looked square in the eye,
      With hope for a new bridge of being,
      Where love, justice, goodness survives.

      Here on a world still in waiting,
      The strength of becoming must be,
      For peoples in black grips of despotic death wish,
      Hope for the lands of the free.

      Can the wealth of this world return to succor all people,
      Instead of the greedy hands of the few?
      For as long as the power, oil and gold
      Reside in small enclaves of greed, and gain,
      The world will be struggling
      To rise in renew.

      Power and wealth, control of life and nations,
      Pull at the spirit, defiled by greed that clouds the light,
      Forgetting the human family,
      Instilling the grab.

      In a World where the worst of man rises to the top,
      Can the good of man reveal?
      Will the balancing forces of might for right,
      Let the best of our beings prevail?

      As the players now play,
      Deadly force on the line,
      Will the time of the tyrants be over,
      Will we rise to harmonics in time?

      Will the greater heart of humanity be lifted?
      Will the smallest and weakest be reborn?

      Pray to the Heart of all that is,
      To sense the light within this storm,
      our souls,
      Remembering the force,
      Remembering the cause.

      Out of the battle
      May goodness be reflamed,
      Liberation in the name
      Of all humanity.

      There is a wave of freedom on the rise,
      That cannot be removed, once placed in the eye,
      Where all struggle to be more,
      fairer and wise,

      Humanity on the battlefield,
      Freedom on the line.