Re: [Poetess] Rendezvous

  • Freudianslipper
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1 5:38 AM
       Dear Ivy,

       Rumi is one of my dearest, closest literary companions. There is a magic to his writijng, a mysticism that defies logic- but thi I will tell you- whenever I have found myself deep in doubt, confused, hurt, pained or lost- his words come to me. No, I don't mean I go looking up his books, but that his words come to me. It's extraordinary.

       Rumi reminds me of the primary importance of self-love and the falsity of life as we have known it to be. I try to never lose sight, but I do lose my way and when that happens, it is the love of god through the words of Rumi that shine a light down my path.

       I look forward to sharing more of Rumi's love and light with you and others.

      stay true. stay deep.
      FS

      ivy-underthemoonandstars <akirabomb75@...> wrote:
      I love Rumi.....

      Freudianslipper <freudianslipper@...> wrote:
      Ivy,

       your poetry is... breathaking. I am dumbstruck by the tender passion of your language. Beautiful.

      '... If you're not completely naked,
      wrap your beautiful robe of words around you,
      and sleep.'

       - Rumi -

      Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger

    • Freudianslipper
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 1 6:41 AM
        Dear Ivy,

        I am sending you some of my words by way of thanks for sharing some of your beautiful ones. This is a poem called Urban Nirvana.

        'No, I think, sometimes there's no need
        To say a thing, or even think.
        It’s enough just to feel, to know, to sense.

        A stray thought can be put away
        For later.
        But a smile seems to fit here now.

        When I imagine the familiarity
        Of languid arm thrown over
        My gently heaving chest

        It would be
        Just perfect.
        Now.'

        copyright 2003
        mahin a.k.

        '... If you're not completely naked,
        wrap your beautiful robe of words around you,
        and sleep.'

         - Rumi -

        Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger
      • ivy-underthemoonandstars
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 1 9:12 AM
          Salutations FS,
          Ah such kindred souls.
          There is a magic to his writing, I am in agreement. I feel myself, drawn, if not surrendering to his to his written word.
          Rumis' words are godly, really, but aren't we all in a state of love: whether filial, amorous or platonic. Love transcends the mediocre and the ennui brought on by day to day responsibilities and life.

          Here's something I carry with me from Rumi:

          Discard yourself and thereby regain yourself. Spread the trap of humility and ensnare love.

          - Rumi

          Do you by any chance read Mihri Hatun? This one, I hold close to my heart:

          At one glance I love you

          With a thousand hearts.

          Mihri Hatun

          Right on, write on sister,

          Ivy

[...]

          Spread The Word
          http://www.poetism.com

          http://www.geocities.com/akirabomb75/ProudPinay.html

          ~~Ivy Pe�aredondo~~

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • ivy-underthemoonandstars
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 1 9:22 AM

            Dear Mahin.

            I can relate to:

            �When I imagine the familiarity
            Of languid arm thrown over
            My gently heaving chest�

            and yes, it would just be perfect�now.

            Your command of the written word is beautiful.

            Ivy

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 1 10:06 AM
              Dearest Ivy,

               thank you for your kind words. I look forward eagerly and passionately to your next missive of wonderful words. Please do not hesistate to inundate me with them!

              The fire within you is enchanting to say the very least.

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 1 10:54 AM
                  Ivy,

                  It was my pleasure to see that you have joined us. I was thrilled, to say the least. However, if I have provided the medium as you say, do you deem to be its mistress? I invite you to do so.

                  Awaiting your response.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 1 11:00 AM
                      Ivy,

                      in response to your comment on the sweet, sweet fruit of love I have called upon the tempered, flowery genuis of Christopher Marlowe. The first verses in this stanza, especially:

                      It lies not in our power to love or hate,
                      For will in us is overruled by fate.
                      When two are stripped, long ere the course begin,
                      We wish that one should lose, the other win;
                      And one especially do we affect
                      Of two gold ingots, like in each respect:
                      The reason no man knows; let it suffice
                      What we behold is censured by our eyes.
                      Where both deliberate, the love is slight:
                      Who ever loved, that loved not at first sight?

                      ~Christopher Marlowe~

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 1 11:08 AM

                        Mahin.

                        Because you relate to his written word, then he is in you as we create our gods and goddesses to define us. You are all that you know�

                        O flos, tu non germinasti de rore

                        Nec guttis pluvie,

                        Nec aer desuper te volavit,

                        Sed divina claritas in nobilissima virga

                        Te produxit.

                        Flower, you did not sprout forth from the dew

                        Nor from the drops of rains,

                        And the air did not fly round above you,

                        But divine clarity produced you on the

                        Noblest stem.

                        Ivy,

[...]

                      • Nasra Al Adawi
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 2 11:51 PM
                          I loved reading the poetry of Christopher Marlowe, it was a piece of work....

                          Nasra

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                        • Yen Li Hu
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 3 12:51 AM