Poems of the War: The Dam Won't Hold

  • Tamara Lynn Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2003
      Poems of the War:The Dam Won't Hold
      Tamara Lynn Scott
      May 06, 2003

      Olympia Stone,
      Republican from Maine
      Has the courage to stand up to
      The Bush led Tax cutting scheme,
      To enrich the rich,
      By taking from the poor.

      She is now being blackwashed
      by Republican smear campaigns,
      Portraying her as "French" Traitorous,
      For not standing beside the biggest deficit
      spending scheme that money can buy,
      Bush back to his own self,
      Parading on board the U.S,S, Abraham Lincoln,
      And no amount of war fevor,
      or riding on the faces of returning soldiers and sailors,
      who have fought a war of need, and liberation
      Can set the tone to right.

      Good can sometimes be enacted by evil,
      In spite of itself,
      In spite of its selfish aims,
      When time, cause, and moment is right,
      But back into the darkness
      Of blindsighted greed,
      The soul still dwells,
      shows the spots and stains.

      To claim money spent by governing forces,
      Is no money spent at all,
      Or spent well,
      Denies the roads we drive upon,
      the salaries to our teachers, the support of our schools,
      hope for a better system of health,
      Research to save our lives from disease,
      our environment from the poisonous
      our commerce from criminal deceit and thievery
      the only tool the common decency has,
      to hold this world to better state.

      Ask if cutting the budget
      of all control,
      of all foresight,
      of all brain,
      running up deficit,
      to give the richest rich more tax breaks,
      follow the trace,
      of where wealth creates,
      and where the feelers lie.
      Watch the Watchers,