Re: [PF] Organic Raw Chocolate with Mycelium [1 Attachment]

  • treegazer77777
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
      Where do I buy this magic choclate?

      --- In PlantForagers@yahoogroups.com, Ellen Bulger <xenophora@...> wrote:

      > You'll have to do a taste comparison.
      >
      > In this corner, Edible Goddess...
      >
      > and the challenger? Jaques Torres.
      >

      > On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Sam Schaperow <sam.schaperow@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >
      > > [Attachment(s) <#13dbd7fa3df6f0d8_TopText> from Sam Schaperow included
      > > below]
      > >
      > > I ordered this from MT's state of origin, CA from . When I saw the
      > > ingredients that include pine pollen and 24 kinds of mushroom mycelium (if
      > > you didn't know, I've cooked with shiitake mycelium), I realize I should
      > > spread the word about this chocolate bar here. I decided to take a picture
      > > of the packagint to show the ingredients. But after eating my 1st bite
      > > that melted in my mouth even better than typical chocolate, I had to rip
      > > the package. I then ripped it more because I wanted more right away! Here
      > > are pictures after I showed restraint. ;)
      > >
      > > What I wonder are how does she get the pine pollen and mycelium, and do
      > > they contribute to the flavor or just for health reasons? Is it all raw
      > > after being made, or just that the ingredients were initially raw (such as
      > > not roasted). I'm inviting the artisan to MT & PF. Hopefully she will be
      > > able to join and answer the questions for us all to see, and as a side
      > > effect further spread the word of her chocolate. :)
      > >
      > > --
      > > Sam Schaperow, MSMFT, LMFT
      > > *Clinical Director*
      > > PsychologyCT.com

    • dncng_engr
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
        Which flavor/s did you try? Dark Silk, Goji Love or Cherry Seduction?

        These look incredible but looks like I'd need to get another job just to support my chocolate habit.

        --- In PlantForagers@yahoogroups.com, Sam Schaperow <sam.schaperow@...> wrote:

        > I ordered this from MT's state of origin, CA from . When I saw the
        > ingredients that include pine pollen and 24 kinds of mushroom mycelium (if
        > you didn't know, I've cooked with shiitake mycelium), I realize I should
        > spread the word about this chocolate bar here. I decided to take a picture
        > of the packagint to show the ingredients. But after eating my 1st bite
        > that melted in my mouth even better than typical chocolate, I had to rip
        > the package. I then ripped it more because I wanted more right away! Here
        > are pictures after I showed restraint. ;)
        >
        > What I wonder are how does she get the pine pollen and mycelium, and do
        > they contribute to the flavor or just for health reasons? Is it all raw
        > after being made, or just that the ingredients were initially raw (such as
        > not roasted). I'm inviting the artisan to MT & PF. Hopefully she will be
        > able to join and answer the questions for us all to see, and as a side
        > effect further spread the word of her chocolate. :)
        >
        > --
        > Sam Schaperow, MSMFT, LMFT
        > *Clinical Director*
        > PsychologyCT.com

      • Sam Schaperow
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
          Cherry Seduction

          Etsy.com is where I found her.
        • Lv
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
            Sam
            Do you have an email address or a website link.
            I cannot find anything on the site you mentioned.