Re: [PF] Curly Dock / Rumex Crispus

  • Kelli Armes
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
      Cool videos!!!  I love the intro music and Dogmeat!   Lol too cool!!!

      -- Kelli Armes

      From: Tig <xtigsteelex@...>
      Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 15:14:15 -0000
      To: <PlantForagers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [PF] Curly Dock / Rumex Crispus

      This is the 7th episode of 'Tales From The Wasteland' in it Dogmeat and I go over the curly dock. Curly dock is a crisp salad vegetable, but must be eaten in moderation. Cooking will allow you to eat much more of this plant and there is actually a number of recipes on the internet for it.

      WARNING: Rumex contains tannic and oxalic acid. It must be eaten in moderation (part of a salad, not a salad of it) or cooked in several changes of water to remove these acids.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoKp5JGKs4Y

    • Lygeia
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
        AHA!  Thank you.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
          I'm wondering if Dogmeat is a vegetarian.......   *:P tongue

          From: Tig <xtigsteelex@...>
          Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 15:14:15 -0000
          To: <PlantForagers@yahoogroups.com>