Re: [PF] Curly Dock / Rumex Crispus

  • Celia Browne
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
      Lygeia, below the video is a picture of Tig.  To the right, there is a hyper-link that says "14 Videos."  Click on that and it will take you to all his videos...

      --C--

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
        Cool videos!!!  I love the intro music and Dogmeat!   Lol too cool!!!

        -- Kelli Armes

        From: Tig <xtigsteelex@...>
        Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 15:14:15 -0000
        To: <PlantForagers@yahoogroups.com>

        This is the 7th episode of 'Tales From The Wasteland' in it Dogmeat and I go over the curly dock. Curly dock is a crisp salad vegetable, but must be eaten in moderation. Cooking will allow you to eat much more of this plant and there is actually a number of recipes on the internet for it.

        WARNING: Rumex contains tannic and oxalic acid. It must be eaten in moderation (part of a salad, not a salad of it) or cooked in several changes of water to remove these acids.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoKp5JGKs4Y

      • Lygeia
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
          AHA!  Thank you.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
            I'm wondering if Dogmeat is a vegetarian.......   *:P tongue

            From: Tig <xtigsteelex@...>
            Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 15:14:15 -0000
            To: <PlantForagers@yahoogroups.com>