Data Block Corupt in Oracle 9i

  • M Asif M Asif
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
      Dear Group Members ,

            I am facing a problem that  Data block has been courpeted in data file and database is runnung in non-archive mode.

      Can anybody help me how can i recover it?

      Awaiting for your suggestion.

      Regards
      KK

    • Farooq Mobashir Hussain/IT/KHI/jsil
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008

        First of all you should have had it in ARCHIVE LOG mode ... very important.

         Second, if you do have a cold backup which was taken relatively close to the time that corruption was detected you could replace the datafile with that one however I doubt that the SCN in the header of the older will be in synch with the scn in the control file. So you might have to restore the whole cold backup as in datafiles and controlfiles. Redo logs will be reset anyways so they will have to be created again.
        This will of course take you back in time and since there are no archive logs available there's no way of forwarding the data to the time of corruption.

        Regards,

        Farooq.

        M Asif M Asif <financial_learner@...>
        Sent by: PkOug@yahoogroups.com

        01-08-08 01:41 PM

        Please respond to
        PkOug@yahoogroups.com

        PkOug@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject
        [PkOug] Data Block Corupt in Oracle 9i

        Dear Group Members ,

              I am facing a problem that  Data block has been courpeted in data file and database is runnung in non-archive mode.

        Can anybody help me how can i recover it?

        Awaiting for your suggestion.

        Regards
        KK

      • tariq zia
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
          Dear,

          I hope you are taking Logical backup (export) on daily basis.
          You can restore Cold backup first on another machine and later on find which schema has data lost.
          You just import one by one schema in the same machine with different name and later on insert rows to the actual schema.

          It will resolved your problem but be careful.
          I have faced this problem in Oracle 9i and resolved this issue with the above mentioned steps.

          Regards,
          Tariq

          To: PkOug@yahoogroups.com
          From: farooq.mobashir@...
          Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 17:01:26 +0500
          Subject: Re: [PkOug] Data Block Corupt in Oracle 9i

          M Asif M Asif <financial_learner@ yahoo.com>
          Sent by: PkOug@yahoogroups. com

          01-08-08 01:41 PM

          Please respond to
          PkOug@yahoogroups. com

          PkOug@yahoogroups. com
          cc
          Subject
          [PkOug] Data Block Corupt in Oracle 9i

          Dear Group Members ,

                I am facing a problem that  Data block has been courpeted in data file and database is runnung in non-archive mode.

          Can anybody help me how can i recover it?

          Awaiting for your suggestion.

          Regards
          KK

          With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.
        • Jibran Masood Khan
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
          • Muhammad Asim Zia
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
              As per my information, there is no way to restore corrupt block except to restore the previous cold backup and to re-enter all missing data.

              2nd way is, if you have a true replica of the data base available, then you can copy the corrupted file from that replica.

              Regards,

              Muhammad Asim Zia

              To: PkOug@yahoogroups.com
              From: farooq.mobashir@...
              Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 17:01:26 +0500

[...]

              Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia Contest Find out how.