Request for Registration

  • Badruddin Hunzai
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      Dear Sir / Madam,

      I would like to register with Oracle User Group to share knowledge and getting help from seniors.

      Recently, I have installed both Oracle Database 10g Release 1 and Developer Suite 10g Release 1 on my laptop.  I tried to setup the Listener through Oracle Net Configuration Tool but the final test was unsuccessful.  I changed the TNSNAME.ORA file also but it has not been set up yet. Consequently, I am unable to run the form.

      I will be grateful to you, if you could guide me in this regard.

      Regards.

      Badruddin

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • Oracle DBA
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
         Dear Hunzai,

        Prior to Oracle 8i, a listener was statically configured (listener.ora) to service a given set of SIDs. From 8i, PMON dynamically registers a database service with the listener.Further, if the listener is running on the default TCP port of 1521, then there is no need to configure a listener.ora at all.

        You have to check the status of Listener and if not working then you have to first start the Listener because by default listener down.

        c:\>  lsnrctl status