RE: [PkOug] Please help me out to run a report from with a form (using Forms 9i)

  • mit@beaconhouse.edu.pk
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006

      Please also make sure that the report file (RDF/REP), which ever you have attached, in form is in a folder visible to forms.

      Preferably, the folder where you save your form.

      HTH!

      Aleem

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2006
        Yes. Report7 is the report object name in the form's navigator.
        I had created the report using Report node in the form's navigator.
        The details are available there in the original message.

        --- In PkOug@yahoogroups.com, Imran Arshad <mimran@...> wrote:

        > Did you create the Report7 in the form's navigator as a form's
        object?

        > Management Information System
        >

        > Muhammad Imran Arshad
        > Senior Software Engineer
        > Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital & Research Centre
        > Lahore, Pakistan.
        > mimran@...
        > tel:
        > mobile:
        > +92-42-5945100-10
        > 0321-94-80-355

        Behalf Of
        > inamqureshi
        > Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:35 AM
        > To: pkoug@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [PkOug] Please help me out to run a report from with a
        form
        > (using Forms 9i)
        >
        > Scenario
        > -----------
        > I have created a report using 'Reports' node under a 'Form Module',
        > by using 'Create New Report File' option.
        > The properties of 'Report' Object are as under:
        >
        > Name : REPORT7
        > Filename : D:\OraForms\report7.rdf
        > Execution Mode : Batch
        > Communication Mode : Synchronous
        > Data Source Data Block : EMPLOYEES
        > Query Name : EMPLOYEES
        > Report Destination type : File

        > Then I created a push button to run a report from with a form
        (local
        > server).
        >
        > Item Name: report
        > Item Type: Push Button
        > Trigger Name: When-Button-Pressed
        > Trigger Code:
        >
        > DECLARE
        > repid REPORT_OBJECT;
        > v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
        > v_fname VARCHAR2(60);
        > BEGIN
        > repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('REPORT7');
        > v_fname := get_report_object_property(REPID,
        > REPORT_FILENAME);
        > message (v_fname);
        > message (v_fname);
        > v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
        > END;

        > -- OUTPUT
        > -- WHEN I PRESS THE 'REPORT' BUTTON
        >
        > 1) D:\OraForms\report7.rdf
        >
        > 2) REP-0503: You did not specify the name of a report.
        >
        > 3) D:\OraForms\report7.rdf

        > I can not see the report and it terminates with the above message.
        >

        > Offical Website http://www.pkoug.org
        >
        > Group Email: pkoug@...
        > Or visit http://www.pkoug.org/subscribe.html
        >
        > To subscribe to these Special Interest Group, email at:
        > addme_dba@...
        > addme_ids@...
        > addme_ias@...
        > addme_java@...
        > addme_ocs@...
        > addme_apps@...
        > addme_linux@...
        > addme_cg@...
        > addme_jobs@...
        >
        > Pakistan Oracle Users Group
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • inamqureshi
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2006
          I tried every extension like .rdf , .rep, .jsp and file exists at
          the same path as I had created the report using form's navigator.

        • mit@beaconhouse.edu.pk
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2006

            Your report destination is set to “File” with file it will create a file in cache folder. You need to also specify name and file/output format.

            To view on screen, it should be either “Screen” or “Preview” I do not recall exact.

            HTH!

            Aleem

            Yes. Report7 is the report object name in the form's navigator.
            I had created the report using Report node in the form's navigator.
            The details are available there in the original message.

            --- In PkOug@yahoogroups. com, Imran Arshad <mimran@...> wrote:

            > Did you create the Report7 in the form's navigator as a form's
            object?

            > Management Information System
            >

            > Muhammad Imran Arshad
            > Senior Software Engineer
            > Shaukat
            w:st="on">Khanum Cancer Hospital & Research Centre
            > Lahore ,
            w:st="on">Pakistan .
            > mimran@...
            > tel:
            > mobile:
            > +92-42-5945100- 10
            > 0321-94-80-355

          • inamqureshi
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 11, 2006
              I have changed the code:
              DECLARE
              repid REPORT_OBJECT;
              v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
              v_fname VARCHAR2(60);
              V_SERVER VARCHAR2(1000);
              rep_status VARCHAR2(20);
              BEGIN

              repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('REPORT12');

              SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_COMM_MODE,SYNCHRONOUS);

              SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_EXECUTION_MODE,RUNTIME);

              SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_FILENAME,'C:\dept_rep.rdf');

              SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESTYPE,screen);

              SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESFORMAT,'HTML');

              SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_SERVER,'report_server');

              v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);

              END;
              now I find this error:
              FRM-41213: Unable to connect to the Report server report_server.

              Please help to find Report Server on my machine or suggest any other
              method???
              --=============================================================

              --- In PkOug@yahoogroups.com, <mit@...> wrote:

              > Your report destination is set to "File" with file it will create
              a file
              > in cache folder. You need to also specify name and file/output
              format.

              > To view on screen, it should be either "Screen" or "Preview" I do
              not
              > recall exact.
              >

              > HTH!
              >

              > Aleem
              >

              > ________________________________

              Imran
              > Arshad <mimran@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Did you create the Report7 in the form's navigator as a form's
              > object?
              > >

              > > Management Information System
              > >

              > > Muhammad Imran Arshad
              > > Senior Software Engineer
              > > Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital & Research Centre
              > > Lahore, Pakistan.
              > > mimran@
              > > tel:
              > > mobile:
              > > +92-42-5945100-10
              > > 0321-94-80-355

            • Zubair Ali
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 12, 2006
                Assalamoalikum

                sir if u r using 9i or 10g then you should name your report server without "_".

                may this will solve ur problem.

                Regards

                Zubair Ali

                ------------ --------- --------- --------- -

                --========== ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ======

                --- In PkOug@yahoogroups. com, <mit@...> wrote:

                > Your report destination is set to "File" with file it will create
                a file
                > in cache folder. You need to also specify name and file/output
                format.

                > To view on screen, it should be either "Screen" or "Preview" I do
                not
                > recall exact.
                >

                > HTH!
                >

                > Aleem
                >

                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • inamqureshi
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 16, 2006
                  Thanks zubair

                  my code is working after removing the underscore from report's
                  server name.

                  I used the following code:

                  DECLARE
                  repid REPORT_OBJECT;
                  v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
                  rep_status VARCHAR2(20);
                  BEGIN
                  repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('REPORT12');

                  SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_COMM_MODE,SYNCHRONOUS);

                  SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_EXECUTION_MODE,RUNTIME);

                  SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_FILENAME,'C:\dept_rep.rdf');

                  SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESTYPE,cache);

                  SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESFORMAT,'HTML');

                  SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_SERVER,'repserver');

                  v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);

                  if v_rep is not null then

                  rep_status := REPORT_OBJECT_STATUS(v_rep);
                  copy_report_object_output(v_rep,'d:/temp/local.html');
                  host('explorer d:\temp\local.html');

                  else
                  message('Rep Status is null');
                  message('Rep Status is null');