Re: [PkOug] ora-01092 help plez

  • Kashif Sheikh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
      Fatima,

      I never had this error, I searched on Metalink and found the following solution. This silution assumes that user is getting the error when try to start the database. I would also suggest to look in the log files and see if you can find more error messages.

      Hope this helps:

      Problem Description:
      ====================

      When you startup your Oracle RDBMS database, you receive the following error:

           ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced.

      Problem Explanation:
      ====================

      Oracle cannot write to the alert_<SID>.log file because the
      ownership and/or permissions on the BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST directory
      are incorrect.

      Solution Summary:
      =================

      Modify the ownership and permissions of directory BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST.

      Solution Description:
      =====================

      To allow oracle to write to the BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST directory (contains
      alert_<SID>.log), modify the ownership of directory BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST
      so that the oracle user (software owner) is the owner and make the
      permissions on directory BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST 755.

      Follow these steps:

        1.  Determine the location of the BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST parameter
            defined in the init<SID>.ora or config<SID>.ora files.

        2.  Login as root.

        3.  Change directory to the location of BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST.

        4.  Change the owner of all the files and the directory to the
            software owner.

            For example:

              % chown oracle *

        5.  Change the permissions on the directory to 755.

              % chmod 755 .

      Solution Explanation:
      =====================

      Changing the ownership and permissions of the BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST
      directory, enables oracle to write to the alert_<SID>.log file.

      On 6/28/06, Fatima Nayyar <nayyarfatima@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Can someone help when i click SQL plus and enter sys or internal password it gives error ora-01092 oracle instance failed.Disconnection forced.

      Plez tell me how to solve it???

      Thanks in advance!

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • OraCop
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
        Hello... There are many reasons for ORA-01092. U should send other error codes that you are getting along with ora-01092.

        Most of the times this error is caused by some human error e.g
        1- Dual table is dropped while logged in as sys
        2- inappropriate value for max_rollback_segments
        etc etc...

        Normally ppl drop DUAL table by mistake... If that is the case, please follow below mentioned steps to resolve the issue. If not, please send complete error mesg.

        1- Set the following parameter in the init.ora
           replication_dependency_tracking = FALSE
        2- Startup the database
        3- Create the Dual Table and Dual Public Synonym
        CREATE TABLE SYS.DUAL
          (    DUMMY VARCHAR2(1)
           ) PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 4;
        4-Insert Into Dual Values ('X');
        Commit;
        5-Grant Select On Dual To Public;

        Hope this helps

        Fatima Nayyar <nayyarfatima@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        Can someone help when i click SQL plus and enter sys or internal password it gives error ora-01092 oracle instance failed.Disconnection forced.

        Plez tell me how to solve it???

        Thanks in advance!

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • rawish siddiqui
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10, 2006

          Attention: Fatima

          Dont worry! Due to certain reason, the instance was disconnected and now process is unable to connect to that particular instance. Check alert log for further assistance.

          &

          Restart your databse.

          From: Fatima Nayyar <nayyarfatima@...>
          To: pkoug@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [PkOug] ora-01092 help plez
          Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:11:28 -0700 (PDT)

          Hi,

          Can someone help when i click SQL plus and enter sys or internal password it gives error ora-01092 oracle instance failed.Disconnection forced.

          Plez tell me how to solve it???

          Thanks in advance!

          Do you Yahoo!?

          FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar Get it now!