10645Re: [PkOug] Mazimum Size of SGA

  • Vennd Solution
    Nov 6, 2013
      Dear Brother,

      Theoritically you can never increase the SGA size more then 2 GB because you have 32bit Database. Moreover, if you have windows 2003 32 bit also that means you are only using 3 GB of RAM in your computer and the rest of the RAM is sitting free.

      There are few ways through which you can increase the SGA more then 2GB in current installation but it is very risky and will never give you much performance. In my opinion you should first of all install the 64 bit OS then install 64 Bit Database. when you install the 64 bit database it will automatically make 4 GB size of SGA by default in 32 GB of RAM, then later you can increase it more and more.

      If you required any help to perform these steps please feel free to reply.

      Regards,

      SolutionVennd

      On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 4:27 PM, Blue Sky <bluesky_18011971@...> wrote:

      AoA Brothers

      I am having Oracle 10g 10.2 on Windows Server 2003 32 bit with the RAM 32 GB.

      My Maximum SGA is 1104 M

      Total SGA is 1000 M

      Now I want to increase SGA. What is the maximum limit of SGA ?

      Waiting your response.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic