Pittsburgh JGG

  • Robert Zavos
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2014
      We have two interesting Pittsburgh Genealogy related programs coming up in March.  The first is Genealogy Day at Beth El Congregation on this coming Sunday. The second event is a talk at the Squirrel Hill Genealogy Society on March 11th. Please check out the website for details: www.jewishgen.org/jgs-pittsburgh/

      You may also notice a few changes to the website.  First, is the latest details on obtaining birth and [especially] death certificates from the Pennsylvania Archives.  Eventually these will be online but in the interim there is an easy way to get uncertified copies for only $5 each - much better then online ordering of certified certificates at $20.

      There is also a neat historic mapping option that can be very informative.

      There is also a link to many important records at familysearch.org/ including Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885-1950.

      Robert Zavos
      Pittsburgh PA