    Jun 29, 2012
      Scott - what are the family names you are researching?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 29, 2012, at 3:04 PM, "Scott P. Dann" <spd@...> wrote:

      I could only find one Allegheny County relative in the database. I know I have many more Allegheny County marriages in my family.

      Scott P. Dann

      From: PittsburghJGS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PittsburghJGS@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ewolfson@...
      Sent: 06/29/2012 2:56 PM
      To: PittsburghJGS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [PittsburghJGS] Pittsburgh area marriages records now online

      Family search had actually had that database out for a while.  Also check out Pittsburgh city deaths, and don't forget some our family may have married in Ohio or West Virginia for any number of reasons.

      Evan

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 29, 2012, at 1:48 PM, "pittsburghjgs" <rzavos@...> wrote:

      Dear PittsburghJGS members,

      Familysearch.org (the online branch of the LDS) has just released a new collection of Marriage records (June 22, 2012) that seems to include everything in Pittsburgh (and surrounding counties) from 1885 to 1950.

      This new online option simplifies the current procedure:
      1)taking a trip to the Allegheny County Office Building,
      2)searching the manual ledgers by first letters of given and surnames
      3)ordering and reading the microfilms
      4)paying a few bucks for paper copies if you find records.

      The marriage records are a family treasure and potential source of new information. You can easily doweload a good .jpg image. If the bride/groom were born in Europe you may find their exact town and sometimes you also get this for their parents. This doesnt happen frequently but it also doesnt usually happen on early ship lists or naturalization papers before 1906.

      Details are on the webpage: http://www.jewishgen.org/jgs-pittsburgh/

      Give it a try and let the group know what you find.

      Robert Zavos
      Pittsburgh PA

      =

      =