Outlook

  • Rojomn
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 6, 2010
      Since my touch syncs with Outlook, why would I continue with Pimlical?
      Can Pimlical be made to sync with Outlook easily or at all ?

      Sent from iTouch
      Twitter @WzeroMN
      ICC WzeroMN

    • Larry Finch
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 6, 2010
        On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Rojomn <rojomn@...> wrote:

        > Since my touch syncs with Outlook, why would I continue with Pimlical?
        > Can Pimlical be made to sync with Outlook easily or at all ?

        If Outlook meets all of your needs, and the Calendar app on the iPod touch
        meets all of your needs, you certainly don't need Pimlical.

        Pimlical is for people who need more than basic calendar functionality as
        offered by the iPhone/Touch app..

        best,
        Larry
        --
        Larry Finch

        N 40° 53' 47"
        W 74° 03' 56"

      • Rojomn
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 6, 2010
          So. I assume that is a
          NO
          I cannot sync. Actually I greatly favor the function of Pimlical but
          the total lack of any desktop sync other than Palm is going to be a
          deal breaker when I no longer use my TX.
          IMHO sync of at least part of the Data to Outlook is critical.

          Sent from iTouch
          Twitter @WzeroMN
          ICC WzeroMN

          On Mar 6, 2010, at 10:17, Larry Finch <finches@...> wrote:

          > On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Rojomn <rojomn@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Since my touch syncs with Outlook, why would I continue with
          >> Pimlical?
          >> Can Pimlical be made to sync with Outlook easily or at all ?
          >>

          > If Outlook meets all of your needs, and the Calendar app on the iPod
          > touch
          > meets all of your needs, you certainly don't need Pimlical.
          >
          > Pimlical is for people who need more than basic calendar
          > functionality as
          > offered by the iPhone/Touch app..
          >
          > best,
          > Larry
          > --
          > Larry Finch
          >
          > N 40° 53' 47"
          > W 74° 03' 56"

          > for content.
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Hook
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 6, 2010
            I understand what you are saying as Outlook seems to be the one desktop in common (for now) across most platforms. I suspect, however, that the wiser move (and the one I suspect will happen, though I am not an insider on any of this)is sync to Google.

            I actually expect Google to become the universal standard for the future and I can even see a day when direct syncing of Outlook becomes unsupported (you will have OTA syncing of Outlook to Google). It just seems to make the most sense and there are no other serious challengers (OVI just is too unreliable and under-featured). Frankly whether wanting to use PIMLICAL or not, the first thing I would do with an iPod Touch (I would never do an iPhone because I only do PAYG data-- I have a Nokia 5800 XM) is get Pocket Informant and Sync to Google.

            It will be very nice if the first handhel PIMLICAL side-syncs (USB) with PIMLICAL Desktop, but I think it would be poor planning to assume that handheld makers are going to keep USB connectins going forever.

            Just my 2 Cents, worth about half that.

            John

            --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, Rojomn <rojomn@...> wrote:

            > So. I assume that is a
            > NO
            > I cannot sync. Actually I greatly favor the function of Pimlical but
            > the total lack of any desktop sync other than Palm is going to be a
            > deal breaker when I no longer use my TX.
            > IMHO sync of at least part of the Data to Outlook is critical.
            >
            > Sent from iTouch
            > Twitter @WzeroMN
            > ICC WzeroMN

          • dirmansyahlubis
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 6, 2010
              My case is that I *must* use Outlook and Nokia E63 calendar although I do not like them. They synchronize, but not 100 % and many feature of Pimlical I miss. I install Pimlical on both my laptop and netbook, but I can not bring them with me easily. That is why I really need Pimlical on phone running on JVM. I hope CESD will select the phone brand which is popular in most countries so that the phone price and service is not too expensive.

              Thank you.

              --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, Larry Finch <finches@...> wrote:

              > On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Rojomn <rojomn@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Since my touch syncs with Outlook, why would I continue with Pimlical?
              > > Can Pimlical be made to sync with Outlook easily or at all ?
              > >

              > If Outlook meets all of your needs, and the Calendar app on the iPod touch
              > meets all of your needs, you certainly don't need Pimlical.
              >
              > Pimlical is for people who need more than basic calendar functionality as
              > offered by the iPhone/Touch app..
              >
              > best,
              > Larry
              > --
              > Larry Finch
              >
              > N 40° 53' 47"
              > W 74° 03' 56"

            • dennisthornton1952
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 7, 2010
                DateBK is my favorite program but it never would have been had it not been able to sync with the program required by so many folks, Outlook. I registered Pimlical when it was first released but I really can't use it much until it syncs with Outlook. I think it's still and will continue to be a major obstacle for Pimlical until it can somehow effortlessly sync with the corporate standard Outlook.

                Dennis Thornton

                --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, Rojomn <rojomn@...> wrote:

                > So. I assume that is a
                > NO
                > I cannot sync. Actually I greatly favor the function of Pimlical but
                > the total lack of any desktop sync other than Palm is going to be a
                > deal breaker when I no longer use my TX.
                > IMHO sync of at least part of the Data to Outlook is critical.
                >
                > Sent from iTouch
                > Twitter @WzeroMN
                > ICC WzeroMN
                >
                > On Mar 6, 2010, at 10:17, Larry Finch <finches@...> wrote:
                >
                > > On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Rojomn <rojomn@...> wrote:
                > >

                > >> Since my touch syncs with Outlook, why would I continue with
                > >> Pimlical?
                > >> Can Pimlical be made to sync with Outlook easily or at all ?
                > >>

                > > If Outlook meets all of your needs, and the Calendar app on the iPod
                > > touch
                > > meets all of your needs, you certainly don't need Pimlical.
                > >
                > > Pimlical is for people who need more than basic calendar
                > > functionality as
                > > offered by the iPhone/Touch app..
                > >
                > > best,
                > > Larry
                > > --
                > > Larry Finch
                > >
                > > N 40° 53' 47"
                > > W 74° 03' 56"

                > > for content.
                > >
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Larry Finch
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 7, 2010
                  On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 8:24 PM, dennisthornton1952 <
                  dennisthornton@...> wrote:

                  > DateBK is my favorite program but it never would have been had it not been
                  > able to sync with the program required by so many folks, Outlook. I
                  > registered Pimlical when it was first released but I really can't use it
                  > much until it syncs with Outlook. I think it's still and will continue to
                  > be a major obstacle for Pimlical until it can somehow effortlessly sync with
                  > the corporate standard Outlook.

                  Pimlical will shortly be able to sync with Google Calendar, and Google
                  Calendar syncs with Outlook. the problem with syncing directly with Outlook
                  is that Pimlical would then be limited to running on Windows, while Google
                  Calendar is available from any platform Pimlical eventually runs on.

                  best,
                  Larry
                  --
                  Larry Finch

                  N 40° 53' 47"
                  W 74° 03' 56"

                • Gil rojomn Charter
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
                    Right you are. I tried but the lack of Outlook OR ANY desktop sync to a
                    PDA, well it is hard.

                    Gil Rochester ,MN W0MN
                    ICC and twitter WzeroMN
                    44.082036N 92.513219W 1060'

                    DateBK is my favorite program but it never would have been had it not been
                    able to sync with the program required by so many folks, Outlook. I
                    registered Pimlical when it was first released but I really can't use it
                    much until it syncs with Outlook. I think it's still and will continue to
                    be a major obstacle for Pimlical until it can somehow effortlessly sync with
                    the corporate standard Outlook.

                    Dennis Thornton

                    --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, Rojomn <rojomn@...> wrote:

                    > So. I assume that is a
                    > NO
                    > I cannot sync. Actually I greatly favor the function of Pimlical but
                    > the total lack of any desktop sync other than Palm is going to be a
                    > deal breaker when I no longer use my TX.
                    > IMHO sync of at least part of the Data to Outlook is critical.
                    >
                    > Sent from iTouch
                    > Twitter @WzeroMN
                    > ICC WzeroMN
                    >
                    > On Mar 6, 2010, at 10:17, Larry Finch <finches@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Rojomn <rojomn@...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > >> Since my touch syncs with Outlook, why would I continue with
                    > >> Pimlical?
                    > >> Can Pimlical be made to sync with Outlook easily or at all ?
                    > >>

                    > > If Outlook meets all of your needs, and the Calendar app on the iPod
                    > > touch
                    > > meets all of your needs, you certainly don't need Pimlical.
                    > >
                    > > Pimlical is for people who need more than basic calendar
                    > > functionality as
                    > > offered by the iPhone/Touch app..
                    > >
                    > > best,
                    > > Larry
                    > > --
                    > > Larry Finch
                    > >
                    > > N 40° 53' 47"
                    > > W 74° 03' 56"

                    > > for content.
                    > >
                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    content.

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Gil rojomn Charter
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
                      Such a roundabout way will NEVER be accepted in the corporate ( or in most
                      homes) world. That is just not going to fly.
                      To say it would be limited to windows I not true. It would be an extra
                      perhaps and more code and I get that but it would instantly make for a
                      bigger market, wroth it I would say.

                      Gil Rochester ,MN W0MN
                      ICC and twitter WzeroMN
                      44.082036N 92.513219W 1060'

                      dennisthornton@...> wrote:

                      > DateBK is my favorite program but it never would have been had it not been
                      > able to sync with the program required by so many folks, Outlook. I
                      > registered Pimlical when it was first released but I really can't use it
                      > much until it syncs with Outlook. I think it's still and will continue to
                      > be a major obstacle for Pimlical until it can somehow effortlessly sync
                      with
                      > the corporate standard Outlook.

                      Pimlical will shortly be able to sync with Google Calendar, and Google
                      Calendar syncs with Outlook. the problem with syncing directly with Outlook
                      is that Pimlical would then be limited to running on Windows, while Google
                      Calendar is available from any platform Pimlical eventually runs on.

                      best,
                      Larry
                      --
                      Larry Finch

                      N 40° 53' 47"
                      W 74° 03' 56"

                      content.

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • Willem van den Blink
                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
                        On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:00:48 -0500, you wrote:

                        >Pimlical will shortly be able to sync with Google Calendar, and Google
                        >Calendar syncs with Outlook. the problem with syncing directly with Outlook
                        >is that Pimlical would then be limited to running on Windows, while Google
                        >Calendar is available from any platform Pimlical eventually runs on.

                        I read about problems with synching recurring events between outlook
                        en google calendar. Will try it out as soon as I can.

                        But even when there are no problems: Synch my PDA (Iphone in my case)
                        with Pimlical, Pimlical with Google, Google with Outlook ... brrr.

                        Willem.
                      • Jake Colman
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010

                          GrC> Such a roundabout way will NEVER be accepted in the corporate (
                          GrC> or in most homes) world. That is just not going to fly. To say
                          GrC> it would be limited to windows I not true. It would be an extra
                          GrC> perhaps and more code and I get that but it would instantly make
                          GrC> for a bigger market, wroth it I would say.

                          What about using SwitchSync EX to sync to both Outlook and the PD?
                          Since Pimlical will talk to PD and SwitchSync EX will sync to PD and
                          Outlook, wouldn't that give you everything?

                          --
                          Jake Colman | Director, Software Development
                          Principia Partners LLC
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
                            Jake,

                            What about using SwitchSync EX to sync to both Outlook and the PD?
                            Since Pimlical will talk to PD and SwitchSync EX will sync to PD and
                            Outlook, wouldn't that give you everything?

                            I'd like to see this - but - have not been able to get SwitchSync EX to work
                            with Windows 7 64 Bit. Have you tried it with this OS??

                            Al

                            Al Benzing

                            214-707-2726

                            albenzing@...

                          • dennisthornton1952
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
                              Google Calendar won't solve the lack of Outlook/Pimlical sync either. I have to use Outlook, I love using DateBK, but I want to use Pimlical too.

                              Dennis Thornton

                              --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, "Gil rojomn Charter" <rojomn@...> wrote:

                              > Right you are. I tried but the lack of Outlook OR ANY desktop sync to a
                              > PDA, well it is hard.
                              >

                              > Gil Rochester ,MN W0MN
                              > ICC and twitter WzeroMN
                              > 44.082036N 92.513219W 1060'

                            • Gil rojomn Charter
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 8, 2010
                                So do I but I give the chances at .0000001% any time soon.

                                Gil Rochester ,MN W0MN
                                ICC and twitter WzeroMN
                                44.082036N 92.513219W 1060'

                                Google Calendar won't solve the lack of Outlook/Pimlical sync either. I
                                have to use Outlook, I love using DateBK, but I want to use Pimlical too.

                                Dennis Thornton

                                --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, "Gil rojomn Charter" <rojomn@...> wrote:

                                > Right you are. I tried but the lack of Outlook OR ANY desktop sync to a
                                > PDA, well it is hard.
                                >

                                > Gil Rochester ,MN W0MN
                                > ICC and twitter WzeroMN
                                > 44.082036N 92.513219W 1060'

                                content.

                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • Jake Colman
                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010

                                  AB> Jake,
                                  >>>>>>>>>>>>

                                  AB> What about using SwitchSync EX to sync to both Outlook and the PD?
                                  AB> Since Pimlical will talk to PD and SwitchSync EX will sync to PD and
                                  AB> Outlook, wouldn't that give you everything?

                                  AB> I'd like to see this - but - have not been able to get SwitchSync EX to work
                                  AB> with Windows 7 64 Bit. Have you tried it with this OS??

                                  I plan on installing it today but I will be using WinXP and possibly
                                  32-bit Win7. Sorry.

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010
                                    Might be a good thing if you stay with Palm but no help for iPod Touch. Of
                                    course it costs more than Pimlical itself for a thing that works pretty well
                                    already for Palm. I use Blue Tooth Sync and would not need Outlook so much
                                    if I were to stay with Palm. Which for now I will, no choice really. It is
                                    not a marketable solution for those in corporate that must use Outlook.
                                    Outlook calendar is not as good as Pimlical but it is way more than most
                                    people need.

                                    Gil Rochester ,MN W0MN
                                    ICC and twitter WzeroMN
                                    44.082036N 92.513219W 1060'

                                    AB> What about using SwitchSync EX to sync to both Outlook and the PD?
                                    AB> Since Pimlical will talk to PD and SwitchSync EX will sync to PD and
                                    AB> Outlook, wouldn't that give you everything?

                                    AB> I'd like to see this - but - have not been able to get SwitchSync EX
                                    to work
                                    AB> with Windows 7 64 Bit. Have you tried it with this OS??

                                    I plan on installing it today but I will be using WinXP and possibly
                                    32-bit Win7. Sorry.

                                    --
                                    Jake Colman | Director, Software Development
                                    Principia Partners LLC
                                    101 West Elm Street | Conshohocken | PA 19428 | +1 (610) 755 9770
                                    t: +1 (610) 755 9786 | c: +1 (610) 348 2788 | f: +1 (201) 221 8929
                                    e: colman@... | w: www.principiapartners.com
                                    Credit technology innovation awards winner 2008 and 2009

                                    content.

                                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                                  • Kathryn Lance
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Mar 9, 2010
                                      It will probably be a while till I try it because I'm so far behind on
                                      everything. But I'll certainly share whatever happens to me with Companion
                                      Link.

                                      KL