Task list check box does not work correctly (0.2.4)

  • Herbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      I have a list of tasks and finished the first in the list (top).
      If i click into the check box in front of the task nothing happens. The change becomes visible after the refresh (either by waiting, by selecting another task in the list or by changing the windows focus to another window and back). When unchecking the box it immediately changes.

      I find this behavior for the top two tasks (and some others) in the list in the main window. In the separate tasks window it does not show up after changing windows focus and only sometimes after selecting another task. It always is shown correctly after closing and reopening the window. I did not notice a common feature of the affected tasks.

      When editing the tasks it always shows "Completed" and after closing the green small hook is always shown.

      Best
      Herbert
    • CESDewar
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        I have a list of tasks and finished the first in the list (top).
        If i click into the check box in front of the task nothing happens. The
        change becomes visible after the refresh (either by waiting, by selecting
        another task in the list or by changing the windows focus to another window
        and back). When unchecking the box it immediately changes.

        I cannot reproduce any problem like this and there are no reports here of
        any problem like this either (and it would surely be something that everyone
        would comment on!!). Assuming this happens with a simple task (i.e. not a
        past-due task with a repeat schedule which might mean there was some
        misunderstanding as to what might happen when you checked it off, etc.) then
        I would do this:

        If this is new behavior you are seeing in 0.2.04, then I suggest you remove
        PImlical, download a fresh copy from:
        http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com/pimlical0204.msi
        and reinstall.

        As a next step, remove Java, download latest release of Java and install it
        and then retest.

        Cheers!
        CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.
        . . .
      • Herbert
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          A reinstall of 0.2.04 does not fix it.
          There is a log file with the content listed below. Does this help?

          Thanks
          Herbert

          ------------
          Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0
          at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.DefaultListModel.remove(Unknown Source)
          at PimlicalMain.PimlicalView.removeSelectionsFromPriorityList(PimlicalView.java:8798)
          at PimlicalMain.PimlicalView.removeFromPriorityList(PimlicalView.java:8779)
          at PimlicalMain.MoreCommands.updateRecordStatus(MoreCommands.java:253)
          at PimlicalLargerDialogs.TasksDialog.handleMouseClickOnTable(TasksDialog.java:998)
          at PimlicalLargerDialogs.TasksDialog.jTableTasksMouseReleased(TasksDialog.java:496)
          at PimlicalLargerDialogs.TasksDialog.access$300(TasksDialog.java:66)
          at PimlicalLargerDialogs.TasksDialog$3.mouseReleased(TasksDialog.java:248)
          at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

          --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, "CESDewar" <dewar@...> wrote:

          > I have a list of tasks and finished the first in the list (top).
          > If i click into the check box in front of the task nothing happens. The
          > change becomes visible after the refresh (either by waiting, by selecting
          > another task in the list or by changing the windows focus to another window
          > and back). When unchecking the box it immediately changes.
          >
          > I cannot reproduce any problem like this and there are no reports here of
          > any problem like this either (and it would surely be something that everyone
          > would comment on!!). Assuming this happens with a simple task (i.e. not a
          > past-due task with a repeat schedule which might mean there was some
          > misunderstanding as to what might happen when you checked it off, etc.) then
          > I would do this:
          >
          > If this is new behavior you are seeing in 0.2.04, then I suggest you remove
          > PImlical, download a fresh copy from:
          > http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com/pimlical0204.msi
          > and reinstall.
          >
          > As a next step, remove Java, download latest release of Java and install it
          > and then retest.
          >
          > Cheers!
          > CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.
          > . . .

        • CESDewar
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
            A reinstall of 0.2.04 does not fix it.
            There is a log file with the content listed below. Does this help?

            Yes - explains what's happening -exception error is why checkbox does not
            change. I MIGHT need your files to be able to reproduce this and nail it
            though. If possible, zip up datebook.mdb, Todolist.mdb, default.dat,
            default.txt and pimlicalDBs.dat and email them to me and I can then
            definitely get this fixed quickly.

            Thanks
            Herbert

            ------------

          • Pimlico Software, Inc.
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
              > attached are the files you requested to reproduce the task list checkbox
              > problem.

              Thanks - files were very helpful as I could instantly reproduce the problem
              and determine the cause. It's funny - I should have been able to see this in
              testing, but my diligence in setting up the starting conditions ALSO meant
              that I wouldn't have seen the problem.

              This problem ONLY occurs if you have items in the Priority Pane AND you
              never display that pane before you perform an action that would result in
              removing something from the priority list - reason being that the priority
              list is never initialized until it's actually needed when viewed.

              Same problem occurs if you have a regular appointment in the priority pane
              and cross it off (or delete it) before looking at the priority pane.

              Other reason I never saw it is that I use the priority pane, BUT because of
              that, set the preference: AlwaysShowPriorityTab to TRUE so it displays on
              startup - that also would ensure the problem would never be seen. When
              testing, I of course looked at the priority pane to be sure it was setup
              with something for the test<g>.

              In any event, it's fixed in the next release.

              Cheers!
              CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.
              . . .