Pimlical ot Google Sync

  • newrgee
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi CESD when you get round to the google sync it would be really helpful if different Appointment categories could be synced to different google calendars (or not synced at all) so Business syncs with work calendar and home syncs with home calendar?? asking too much maybe??
    • Barbara Needham
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
        --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, "newrgee" <ralph.gregory@...> wrote:

        > Hi CESD when you get round to the google sync it would be really helpful if different Appointment categories could be synced to different google calendars (or not synced at all) so Business syncs with work calendar and home syncs with home calendar?? asking too much maybe??

        I hope not. It sounds good to me.

        BN
      • Barbara Needham
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
          Barbara Needham wrote:

          > --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, "newrgee" <ralph.gregory@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi CESD when you get round to the google sync it would be really
          >> helpful if different Appointment categories could be synced to
          >> different google calendars (or not synced at all) so Business syncs
          >> with work calendar and home syncs with home calendar?? asking too
          >> much maybe??
          >>

          > I hope not. It sounds good to me.

          On the other hand I have 16 categories of appt. and I'm not sure I want
          16 google calendars!

          !!!

          Barbara N
        • Bert Latamore
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
            I, on the other extreme, like to keep everything in one calendar. Then, for instance, I don't schedule a personal appointment such as a doctor or dentist appointment, in conflict with a work appointment, and I can see how my schedule works with my wife's, which also can be handy.
            Bert Latamore
            IT Journalist, Report Writer and Book Doctor
            From tweets and blogs to white papers and books:
            You provide the information; I craft the words.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
              Well, you can see all the calendars at once at Google Calendar; and each
              one is a different color. But still, 16 would be a lot of calendars.

              Bert Latamore wrote:
              > I, on the other extreme, like to keep everything in one calendar.
              > Then, for instance, I don't schedule a personal appointment such as a
              > doctor or dentist appointment, in conflict with a work appointment,
              > and I can see how my schedule works with my wife's, which also can be
              > handy. Bert Latamore IT Journalist, Report Writer and Book Doctor
              >> From tweets and blogs to white papers and books:
              > You provide the information; I craft the words.
              >

              > ________________________________ From: Barbara Needham
              > <nosugref2000@...> To: Pimlical@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri,
              > October 2, 2009 12:11:23 PM Subject: Re: [Pimlical] Re: Pimlical ot
              > Google Sync
              >

              > Barbara Needham wrote:
              >> --- In Pimlical@yahoogroup s.com, "newrgee" <ralph.gregory@ ...>
              >> wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hi CESD when you get round to the google sync it would be really
              >>> helpful if different Appointment categories could be synced to
              >>> different google calendars (or not synced at all) so Business
              >>> syncs with work calendar and home syncs with home calendar??
              >>> asking too much maybe??
              >>>
              >> I hope not. It sounds good to me.
              >
              > On the other hand I have 16 categories of appt. and I'm not sure I
              > want 16 google calendars!
              >
              > !!!
              >
              > Barbara N

              > content.
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • mfield3
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
                --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, "newrgee" <ralph.gregory@...> wrote:

                > Hi CESD when you get round to the google sync it would be really helpful if different Appointment categories could be synced to different google calendars (or not synced at all) so Business syncs with work calendar and home syncs with home calendar?? asking too much maybe??

                I work with Google in the same way -- certain Palm categories sync to separate Google calendars. I then share only some of the Google calendars with others (sharing is my main reason to use Google calendar at all). So, I too hope that CESD will implement it as you describe.

                Marc
              • newrgee
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 3, 2009
                  Hi Barbera
                  I use about 10 categories but I would probably sync a 8 of them to one personal calendar and the other two individualy, so that would mean only 3 google calendars. Bert would still be able to sync all his to one calendar and his wifes to hers...but its all hyperthetical at the moment :-)