Re: [Pimlical] Re: Local Calendar and Local Sync

  • Gil Baron
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12 12:16 PM
      I wonder if local will fix my loss of entries problem. I thought I was imagining it but has happened too often. I have been losing first event of a day that had been added and looked at to see it was there. I am sure I added it since I also added it to daily journal and it is there. It disappears from Google too so am totally unsure what is happening.
      I have never lost a daily journal entry as far as I know.
      iPad Gil W0MN
      Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

      On Apr 12, 2012, at 12:35 PM, "levinej98" <LevineJ98@...> wrote:

      > --- In Pimlical@yahoogroups.com, "Pimlico Software" <dewar@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am still working on getting alarms to work in the local calendar -
      > > obviously this requires the entire alarm handling from Pimlical/Desktop to
      > > be implemented, so that might not be available on the very first release.
      > >

      > I find Calendar Snooze to be an excellent 3rd party option. Could the Local Calendar be configured such that Calendar Snooze could manage its alarms?
      >
      > > I will be looking for some testers for the local calendar/sync by this
      > > coming weekend. Please note that to be a tester, I am looking for people
      > > genuinely interested in testing. There's a lot of backup and diagnostic
      > > information, so I'm pretty confident that any reasonably competent user can
      > > recover from even the worst conditions following a sync. At the same time,
      > > keep in mind that the SLIGHTEST failure in the sync will result in items
      > > being lost/duplicated etc. - obviously if the sync were perfect, I would not
      > > need any testers <g>, so don't email me if losing a single event following a
      > > sync is going to cause a coronary <g> (because it can be easily recovered).
      > >

      > I would like to be a tester. Should I email SWSupport?
      >
      > Jason

    • Pimlico Software
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15 5:03 PM
        I have just sent out the beta releases for the local USB sync to some of the
        people who expressed an interest in testing this. I would like to have a few
        more testers though - as most of the issues are likely to involve specific
        Android devices, and right now several of the testers have the same device.

        I do need people who are pretty experienced with P/D and P/A - several
        people emailed that they were desperate for a local sync and wanted to get
        the beta version but had never even looked at P/A - and that's probably an
        issue as I don't want to get bogged down with other issues.

        The only place where there's likely to be an issue is of course on the sync.
        Everything is backed up well, so even a sync goes bad, it should be pretty
        simple to recover from it, but at the same time, neither do I want someone
        who will have a coronary if one appointment disappears<g>.

        If you are interested in helping out (and the plus side is that you get to
        make suggestions for changes/improvements really early on when it's still
        typically feasible to make them), just email the regular support line and
        put "Local USB Sync" in the subject line.

        Thanks.

        Cheers!

        CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.

        . . .