Re: [Pimlical] Android doesn't sync events more than 30 days old

  • Rick Jones
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 30, 2012
      That thread in the link relates to a different, but also well known,
      problem - which is the issue of events older than 30 days not being
      synced to the phone. Various work-rounds have been extensively discussed
      in other threads.

      The problem raised here is something new, which is Google calendar
      reportedly arbitrarily deleting old events in the user's web calendar. I
      don't think it's yet been proved whether Google's calendar software is
      simply deleting events of its own accord, or whether certain sync
      conditions or errors cause such deletions to happen. Even so, it's a
      potentially serious problem.

      Cheers, Rick
      HTC Desire-Z (aka Vision or G2), CyanogenMod 7 (AOS 2.3.7) rooted
      P/A 1.19.14, P/D 1.3.50