HELP! Can I kill Palm Desktop to save my Win install and keep P/D

  • petereva2002
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2011
      Friends,

      I have a rather urgent issue, I could use some advice. I have Win XP running on Fusion and the XP has blown up. I need to buy some space so that I can manage things, and one of the biggest space eaters is my Palm Desktop install.

      I am running Pimlical Desktop 1.3.18 and when I updated I installed the non-Palm hand held version. Do I actually still need to have P/D in the Windows installation to support P/D? Does anyone here know?

      Thank you greatly,

      Peter

      "They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." -- Andy Warhol
    • Barbara Needham
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2011
        On 5/5/2011 3:37 PM, petereva2002 wrote:
        > Friends,
        >
        > I have a rather urgent issue, I could use some advice. I have Win XP running on Fusion and the XP has blown up. I need to buy some space so that I can manage things, and one of the biggest space eaters is my Palm Desktop install.
        >
        > I am running Pimlical Desktop 1.3.18 and when I updated I installed the non-Palm hand held version. Do I actually still need to have P/D in the Windows installation to support P/D? Does anyone here know?
        >
        > Thank you greatly,

        You can safely remove Palm Desktop [the program]. Permanently.
        Temporarily you can use "backup everything" to a flash drive or
        something like that and un-install Pimlical if you need a clean XP
        install. Then when you get it all working just reinstall Pimlical and
        restore everything; no need for Palm Desktop at all.

        Barbara N