Re: Birthdays/anniversaries

  • Maurice Snellen
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
      On Wednesday, November 03, 2010 at 00:09 (which was Wednesday, November
      3, 2010 at 01:09 where I am) Dirmansyahlubis wrote:

      > you can use/add <<birthday>> as/in the template description.
      > Please read the manual page 16.

      A wonderful suggestion, except for the fact that it doesn't work.
      Regardless of what macro's or other text I put in the 'Description'
      field of the birthday template, they always show up as 'Birthday: <Full
      Name>'.

      --
      Greetings,
      Maurice

      Pimlical v1.3.12, Java v6.0.220.4, Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3
    • Maurice Snellen
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
        On Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 17:09 (which was Wednesday, November 3,
        2010 at 01:09 where I am) Barbara Needham wrote:

        > I don't see the problem... well, unless you are getting birthdays over
        > from your contact list.

        > Directly entering them does exactly what you want. But then again I've
        > had 'em that way since Datebk.

        Exactly. I used to have them entered directly as well, but removed them
        because I got fed up with manually maintaining them. I was hoping for an
        automatic solution.

        --
        Greetings,
        Maurice

        Pimlical v1.3.12, Java v6.0.220.4, Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3
      • Barbara Needham
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
          On 11/4/2010 9:38 AM, Maurice Snellen wrote:
          > On Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 17:09 (which was Wednesday, November 3,
          > 2010 at 01:09 where I am) Barbara Needham wrote:
          >
          >> I don't see the problem... well, unless you are getting birthdays over
          >> from your contact list.
          >> Directly entering them does exactly what you want. But then again I've
          >> had 'em that way since Datebk.
          > Exactly. I used to have them entered directly as well, but removed them
          > because I got fed up with manually maintaining them. I was hoping for an
          > automatic solution.

          OK.. there is no manual maintaining of birthdays once they are entered.
          And mine show up exactly how you say you want them.
          Enter a name.for the appointment. Set it up as a yearly repeat never ending.
          Go to Action tags.
          check birthday and put in the year.

          OK, if you've erased them all this is going to be a pain for putting
          them all in but after that they just keep going and going and going.

          It does look like when you import them from the contact list you do have
          to have the "Birthday" preceding.
        • ralph.gregory@skaino.co.uk
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
            I just put the event with name and year ..make it a yearly repeat and there is no maintenance at all doesn't need an action tag .I use this for all kinds of yearly anniversarys and as long as the year is in the appointment and it is a yearly repeat the age shows in list view beside the appointment

            Subj: Re: [Pimlical] Re: Birthdays/anniversaries
            Date: Thu 4 Nov 2010 20:19
            Size: 8K
            To: Pimlical@yahoogroups.com

            On 11/4/2010 9:38 AM, Maurice Snellen wrote:
            > On Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 17:09 (which was Wednesday, November 3,
            > 2010 at 01:09 where I am) Barbara Needham wrote:
            >
            >> I don't see the problem... well, unless you are getting birthdays over
            >> from your contact list.
            >> Directly entering them does exactly what you want. But then again I've
            >> had 'em that way since Datebk.
            > Exactly. I used to have them entered directly as well, but removed them
            > because I got fed up with manually maintaining them. I was hoping for an
            > automatic solution.

            OK.. there is no manual maintaining of birthdays once they are entered.
            And mine show up exactly how you say you want them.
            Enter a name.for the appointment. Set it up as a yearly repeat never ending.
            Go to Action tags.
            check birthday and put in the year.

            OK, if you've erased them all this is going to be a pain for putting
            them all in but after that they just keep going and going and going.

            It does look like when you import them from the contact list you do have
            to have the "Birthday" preceding.

            Messages in this topic (6)
            Recent Activity: New Members 3 Visit Your Group

            For information about trying and purchasing Pimlical: http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/pimlicalpreview.htm

            To download latest version of Pimlical: http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/pimlical.msi

            Neither Pimlico, the developer, nor the list owner is responsible for content.

            MARKETPLACE

            Hobbies Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.
          • Barbara Needham
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
              That is true too. But look at one of those.. most of mine that came from
              datebook do have the action tag checked.. actually not for birthday but
              for anniversary!

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 5, 2010
                Just checked no action tags checked in mine..still syncing with treo
                here so still using datebk...but I never did use the palm birthday thing
                because datebk seemed to do it better.....

                On 04/11/2010 23:06, Barbara Needham wrote:

                > That is true too. But look at one of those.. most of mine that came from
                > datebook do have the action tag checked.. actually not for birthday but
                > for anniversary!
                >
                > On 11/4/2010 3:57 PM, ralph.gregory@...
                > <mailto:ralph.gregory%40skaino.co.uk> wrote:
                > > I just put the event with name and year ..make it a yearly repeat
                > and there is no maintenance at all doesn't need an action tag .I use
                > this for all kinds of yearly anniversarys and as long as the year is
                > in the appointment and it is a yearly repeat the age shows in list
                > view beside the appointment

                Contracts Manager

                Skaino Atmos Ltd

                West March

                DAVENTRY

                NN11 4SA

                t:01327 708215

                m.07966 341215

                individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
                recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and
                that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
                email is strictly prohibited; please delete the message from your system
                immediately, and notify Skaino Atmos on the above telephone number, or
                email colin.nelson@... <mailto:colin.nelson@...>

                Any files attached to this email will have been checked with virus
                software before transmission. You should carry out your own virus check
                before opening any attachment. Skaino Atmos Ltd accepts no liability for
                any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses.
                Skaino Atmos Ltd will not accept any liability for email which is a
                nuisance, offensive, false, defamatory or a breach of third party
                intellectual property rights.
                Any views presented are solely those of the author and do not
                necessarily represent those of Skaino Atmos Ltd.
                Registered Office: New Creation Farm, Nether Heyford, NN7 3LB Registered
                in England No. 124 1033 VAT Ref No. 284 6191 35