Tues. May 10th Rent Party: Old School Edition at Hot Club of Durham

  • Jason Sager
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2011

      It’s almost the summer summer summertime and we’d be rapper’s delighted to have you join us for the 1st year anniversary of RDU Rent Party. So come on down and Jump Jump to the swingin’ tunes of the Solomon Douglas Swingtet. So polish up your Swayze Moves (Dirty Dancing or Road House) and come kick it with us because you know it takes two to make a thing go right.

      If you haven’t caught on to our subtle hints yet, we’re going 80′s/early 90′s themed with this Rent Party. Come dressed appropriately, be prepared to bust some moves on our ultra exclusive break-dance side floor, and there may even be a few 80′s tunes in the DJ mix. If you haven’t caught on to our subtle hints yet, we’re going 80′s/early 90′s themed with this Rent Party. Come dressed appropriately, be prepared to bust some moves on our ultra exclusive break-dance side floor, and there may even be a few 80′s tunes in the DJ mix. We’ll party until it’s time for Breakfast Club (But not really ’cause it late and your parent’s just won’t understand).

      For this dance, Hot Club of Durham and RDU Rent Party are joining forces to bring you an amazing touring jazz band, theSolomon Douglas Swingtet. This is Solomon’s larger band that played here last May for the very first Rent Party!

      The Solomon Douglas Swingtet is an eight-piece orchestra that plays the exciting intstrumental Swing music of the 30s, 40s, and 50s. They’ve been busy in the recording studio and have just released a brand-new CD of music from 1928-1942 titled “Ain’t No School Like the Old School”; come hear the band live and pick up a copy of the new album!

      This show will be at Hot Club’s home turf in Durham at
      The Trotter Building
      410 W. Geer St.
      Durham, NC

      Beginner Lesson at 6:00pm

      Band plays from 7:00-10:00 p.m.

      Admission is pay what you can with a $10 suggested minimum

      RSVP to the Facebook Event here

      www.rdurentparty.com

      --
      Jason Sager, Certified Rolfer™, Rolf Movement Practitioner™, NC LMBT #8895
      www.raleighrolfing.com