Silver catheters (algalies) by Ward Oles

  • David Ledoyen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2012
      Silver catheters (algalies) by Ward Oles List,

      I just uploaded this album:

      I've been working for years on a French surgeon impression and a few months ago I received my algalies. Recently, I finally took almost good pics of those incredible reproductions.

      Ward Oles (At the Eastern Door :  www.attheeasterndoor.com )    made me silver algalies: probes or catheters. The larger one is an urethral catheter intended for male patients and is of a medium size, the one in the middle is for femal patients, and the smallest one with a simple ring handle is a pectoral probe. Bravo, bravissimo, for Ward who followed carefully the dimensions and illustrations from Perret’s Art of the cutler (surgical instruments volume), 1771.

      I look forward making more cool reproduction with the help of Ward and other finely skilled craftspeople.

      David Ledoyen
    • Chris Grimes
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2012
        They look spot on!  They are a great addition to a kit!

        Chris Grimes
        Detached Hospital

        "I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving: to reach the port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor."

        Oliver Wendell Holmes 1858 The Autocrat of the Breakfast Table

        Ward Oles (At the Eastern Door :  http://www.attheeasterndoor.com/ )    made me silver algalies: probes or catheters. The larger one is an urethral catheter intended for male patients and is of a medium size, the one in the middle is for femal patients, and the smallest one with a simple ring handle is a pectoral probe. Bravo, bravissimo, for Ward who followed carefully the dimensions and illustrations from Perret’s Art of the cutler (surgical instruments volume), 1771.

        I look forward making more cool reproduction with the help of Ward and other finely skilled craftspeople.

        David Ledoyen
      • Wendy Moyer
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2012

          Beautiful work!!!
        • Jay Callaham
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2012
            It hurts just to look at them! Imagine that later in life, Ben Franklin had to catheterize himself 3 - 4 times per day.

            Great workmanship!

            Jay
            callaham@...

            "Molon Labe" - - attributed to Leonidas, Spartan King
            "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine
            "If you do not receive this, it must have miscarried, therefore I beg you write and let me know." - - - Sir Boyle Roche, 18th century Member of the Irish Parliament