Cupping making a comeback

  • BuglerJay
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14 6:50 PM
      Hi all! This group has been very quiet lately. Saw this article in the Wall Street Journal - Nov 13 issue - on Cupping making a comeback. Interesting stuff:

      http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578114970824081566.html

      or: http://tinyurl.com/ctbo9yn

      Cheers!

      Jay
    • Wendy Moyer
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14 7:07 PM
        Our chiropractor uses it with some people - I've not had it done.

        I think it's just making news finally -

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Nov 14, 2012, at 9:50 PM, "BuglerJay" <callaham@...> wrote:

        Hi all! This group has been very quiet lately. Saw this article in the Wall Street Journal - Nov 13 issue - on Cupping making a comeback. Interesting stuff:

        http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578114970824081566.html

        or: http://tinyurl.com/ctbo9yn

        Cheers!

        Jay

      • ironmonger_captain
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16 6:54 AM
          Great article! Over the past year, I've had more and more people immediately gravitate toward the cups in my set up and ask lots of questions. Thanks for posting!

          Chris Grimes
          Detached Hospital & USS Alligator (1812)

        • minuteman@patriotsparade.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 16 7:15 AM

            It is my understanding that dry cupping is still practiced in Eastern Europe, Russian and other such places.  They use it mainly for a massage technique for  sore muscles.  In cities with certain ethnic enclaves, it is still used.  Ebay always has number of glass cups from Eastern Europe, mainly Bulgaria for some reason, for sale.

            Tom Bertrand

            Our chiropractor uses it with some people - I've not had it done.

            I think it's just making news finally -

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Nov 14, 2012, at 9:50 PM, "BuglerJay" <callaham@...> wrote:

            Hi all! This group has been very quiet lately. Saw this article in the Wall Street Journal - Nov 13 issue - on Cupping making a comeback. Interesting stuff:

            http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578114970824081566.html

            or: http://tinyurl.com/ctbo9yn

            Cheers!

            Jay

          • Bernard Carol Kazwick
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 16 7:36 AM
              I purchased mine from Godwin. They have been part of my display for years.

                                                     The Best.

                                                Bernard Kazwick
                                                Surgeon Ist Royals.

            • presby1754@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 17 4:51 AM
                Dear List:

                A few years ago, a patient of mine who was from Russia informed me that cupping was still a common home remedy to this day back home. This was after she had told me that she was gong to apply a type of 'mustard plaster' to her twelve-year old to treat a sore throat!

                Kurt Ayers
                4th Bttn New Jersey Vol.