Women nurses in British Naval history

  • aardvark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
      http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/pagerender.fcgi?artid=1034556&pageindex=1

      Article titled "AN EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY NAVAL SHIP TO ACCOMMODATE WOMEN NURSES." Interesting info on their attempts at infectious disease control, ventilation, cleanliness, more.

      Any folks out there doing naval impressions?

      Chris

      "... these words, which I command thee...shall be in thine heart... thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children...talk of them when thou sittest in thine house...when thou walkest by the way...when thou liest down...when thou risest up. " Deut. 6:6-7  What is required of thee, O man, but to do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with thy God. Micah 6:8

    • William Lee Davis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2008

        > Any folks out there doing naval impressions?
        >
        > Chris
        >
        >Chris--I am doing a Royal Navy surgeon of the 1812 period as surgeon
        for HMS Dragon, I will have my full kit out at the 1812 Grand Tactical
        at Jefferson-Patterson Park in St. Leonard, MD in Sept. Take Care, Lee
        Davis