Some 18th C. prescriptions

  • Chris E.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
      http://www.mainememory.net/bin/SwishSearch?heading=Medicine--Formulae,%
      20receipts,%20prescriptions--18th%20century--Manuscripts

      or http://tinyurl.com/yqto6k

      Sadly, the last one doesn't say what it's for. Any ideas? NOT THAT I
      PLAN TO TRY IT!!!

      lol

      Chris E
      Hampton, VA
    • Richard Hill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
        Sorry to be so late to answer,But this week has been something else. I have just read the last recipe it look like -Smartweed, Coltsfoot,Liquorice and Honey- all for sores,sore throats. Could this be a recipe for a cough syrup? It would be better than some of the things they put togeather back then.
        Doug Hill chirurgeon Culpeper Minute batt.
        Mitchell IN.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2007
          --- In Physick18C@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Hill" <chirurgien@...>
          wrote:

          > Sorry to be so late to answer,But this week has been something else.
          I have just read the last recipe it look like -Smartweed,
          Coltsfoot,Liquorice and Honey- all for sores,sore throats. Could this
          be a recipe for a cough syrup? It would be better than some of the
          things they put togeather back then.
          > Doug Hill chirurgeon Culpeper Minute batt.
          > Mitchell IN.

          Thanks for the help.

          Chris