Food and Medicine Conference

  • Lee and Dot Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      Found this on the SavoryFare2 list and thought some of you might be interested.  I will be on my way to California and will not be able to attend.

      Lee Fisher
      aka Dr. Hall Jackson

      George Mason University Food Conference

      Posted by: "Pamela Williams" cookwench@...   cookwench

      Sat Jan 6, 2007 3:56 am (PST)

      >From another list...

      We Are All Well: Healing and Healthcare in Early America
      March 9, 2007
      George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia

      We are All Well explores the history of medicine and health care in
      America from 1750-1850. Presentations, costumed interpretations and
      tabletop exhibits examine treatment of common illnesses and epidemic
      diseases, remedies and medicines from the apothecary and garden,
      training of physicians and midwives, pregnancy and childbirth, medical
      instruments and other associated material culture.

      Presenters & Exhibitors:
      Anna Dhody-Hager, Mutter Museum
      Clarissa Dillon, Past Masters in Early American Domestic Arts
      Kris Dippre, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
      Marie Jenkins Schwartz, University of Rhode Island
      Dale Smith, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
      Nancy Webster, Friends Historical Association
      Mike Williams, Brigade of the American Revolution

      Cost: $65.00. Advance registration is required and must be received by
      February 28, 2007. To register, email resources@fairfaxco unty.gov
      <mailto:resources@
      fairfaxco unty.gov> or phone Museum Collections at
      (703) 631-1429 or FAX (703) 631-8319.

      Sponsors: Fairfax County Park Authority and George Mason
      University-History Department