Call for presenters, etc

  • Gabrielle Wright
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
      The BAR is just beginning to plan next spring's School, scheduled for April 28 & 29 at New Windsor Cantonment in Vails Gate, NY. I have proposed that a portion of Saturday's program be devoted to RevWar-era "medicine", and volunteered to coordinate this. To that end, this is an initial polling of the members of this list to determine the interest and availabilty of potential presenters.

      I would like to have a cross-section represented: military, civilian, domestic, physicians, apothecaries, etc. There is no "set" schedule at this time, but we usually have two 1-hour sessions in the morning, and then two more in the afternoon. There will be military exercises scheduled concurently for some, of not all, of the sessions. Those who would prefer to not give a lecture-style presentation might be able to set up "shop" in one of the out-buildings and conduct a more informal discussion for their session.

      If you've never been to Brigade School, it's primarily just "us" with very few public. We are planning only a one-day "school" next year: Sunday's program will shift to Washington's HQ across town in Newburgh, in commemoration of the 225th of Washington's arrival.

      Feel free to contact me off-line with any ideas, feedback, suggestions.

      Gabrielle Wright
      Brigade of the American Revolution
      CCM Superintendent
    • ted st.amand
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
        Gabrielle
        You can count on our being on hand to assist or what ever might be needed.
        Ted

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2007
          Just to bring everybody up to speed, BAR Brigade School is only going to be on Saturday this year due to a "Washington's return to Newburgh" gig on Sunday. So it seemed best to table this idea until next year. I'll keep the concept afloat with next year's planner/s and coordinator/s and let y'all know.

          Gabrielle