Request for Book Information

  • Lee and Dot Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2005
      Has anyone seen the book, "Medical and Anatomical Illustrations". by Jim Harter, ed.  I found it in a Dover Book  Cataloge, and wonder if anyone has seen or knows of the book.  I tried to get it in Inter-Library Loan, but all of the Libraries said it was a reference book and not for circulation.  The write-up says "A fascinating, visually encyclopedic presentation of all of the major areas of medicine.  Each page features a general caption, and individual illustrations are keyed to a Glossary of Page Reference,  560pp,  8 1/2 x 1l.  More than 4,800 rare, historical engavings..."  If anyone is interested, the number is 0-486-43522-9, at $34.95.

      Lee Fisher
    • doctor15301
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2005
        Hello Lee,
        I've not seen this particular book. I've printed off copies of
        17th and 18th century anatomical drawings found on the internet. You
        might try some internet searches. ebay sometimes has books of
        anatomical drawings in it's auctions.

        Ymh&os,
        Fred Schneider (a.k.a. Dr. Abel Morgan. 8th PA Reg't)