Re: [Photography_and_design] July's Contest

  • Betty and Jim Legg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 12:48 AM
      Steve,
      I really enjoyed the challenge this subject brought to me. I learned as I played with my pictures. You know people don't stop to think that learning things like this can bring years of Joy. This print I am going to print up and give to my son and daughter on law for Christmas. Things llike this can also be put in a scrap book for your grand children to have as memories from the past. Photography can bring so much joy to everyone. Thats why I always say enter the contest even if it isn't your best work there are always people who will give you advice to make your print better and you can learn in the process.
      Thank you for the comments and I wouldn't even have thought of it if you hadn't come up with the subject.
      I really appreciate loyal member like yourself.
      Betty
      Owner
      Photography_and_design

      Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children.
      Betty and James Legg

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 11:30 AM

        Betty,

        I love photography.  I think I got it from my father.  Now both of my children (grown) are also into photography.  Shelly shoots with a Nikon, DSLR, very nice camera, but not for me.  I wanted something I can carry with me every day, every where.  My son uses a snapshot camera like mine, except a little more advanced.  Shelly has done a number of paid jobs, although is not professional.  Scott shoots mostly for fun.  He often takes 1,000 pictures a week, and sometimes 400 in a day.  I am very thankful for low cost hard drives.  ha-ha.  I hope I have an influence on them, as my father did on me.  Anyway, Congratulations on your win.  I am pleased you enjoyed the contest.  Even though there were not more submissions, you did an excellent job.  Betty, we all learn from each other.

        Having said that.  An idea maybe to post sites we find that have pictures we think are impressive.  Or maybe a link to a particular picture you think is outstanding.  Maybe we could short of list of exciting photography web sites.  I am just trying to think of ideas.

        Steve Broesder
        Forsyth Computer Club

        http://www.squareonegraphics.com/CorelZone.html
        Free - Live Online Corel Draw and Corel Photopaint Training

        www.FredLewisPhotos.com
        Friend and Great Auto Racing Photographer. Seen in many magazines, books and even on a model here and there.

      • Betty and Jim Legg