PHILPOTT (Lucinda)/RIGGS (Addison) Marriage

  • sleepy6@icx.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
      My great-grandparents were Lucinda PHILPOTT who married Addison RIGGS
      about 1825 possibly in Roane County, TN. Does anyone have the
      precise date?

      The couple later lived in Meigs and McMinn Counties in Eastern
      Tennessee.

      I would like to know more about them.

      Jim Tumblin
      Knoxville, TN
    • Jamie Escobedo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
        I have a Lucinda Philpott, daughter of Samuel and Mary "Polly" Hannah. I
        don't have who she was married to. Would love to share info if this is the
        same person.
        Jamie Escobedo
      • Jamie Escobedo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
          Thanks Shirley
        • Shirley
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
            Jamie,

            Lucinda married Addison Riggs.

            Shirley
          • Jamie Escobedo
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
              Someone else earlier was also asking about Lucinda and I was just offering
              to share info but thanks anyway.
              Jamie
            • Shirley
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
                Jamie,

                Is that all you wanted to know?

                Shirley
              • J. C. Tumblin, OD
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
                  Ms. Jamie...

                  ...my Lucinda Philpott (b. abt. 1809 in Patrick County, VA;, d. 1/9/1881)
                  married Addison Riggs (b. abt. 1800 in Patrick County, VA, d. Unknown).
                  The marriage probably was in Roane County, TN about 1825. They later lived
                  in Meigs County, TN and had a number of children, which I can list. My
                  great-grandmother Charity Riggs Carney was one of their children.

                  Do you think this is the Lucinda you are interested in? Supply your
                  great-grandfather or mother and I can probably confirm whether it was one
                  of their 14 children.

                  Can you supply the other children of Samuel and Polly Hannah?

                  Jim

                  At 06:27 PM 1/19/01 -0500, you wrote:

                  >I have a Lucinda Philpott, daughter of Samuel and Mary "Polly" Hannah. I
                  >don't have who she was married to. Would love to share info if this is the
                  >same person.
                  >Jamie Escobedo
                  >

                  >If you have any questions about this list, please e-mail me at
                  rehabsect@...

                • Jamie Escobedo
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
                    Jim,
                    Hi, Lucinda is my 4th great-grandaunt. Her sister Drucilla is my 4th
                    great-grandmother. I do have some info on the children of Samuel and Polly.
                    The info I have is
                    Alexander Philpott M 1785
                    Nancy Philpott F 1786
                    Sarah Hannah Philpott F 1788