Mildred Philpot etc., Granville Co. NC 1840's

  • jgbingo@gateway.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2000
      Hi, In re-reading some of my postings on Mildred Philpott I find
      that
      I had mistakenly put that Samuel Burnett was named as Mildred's
      guardian in 1840's. That should have been Samuel Philpott, per
      Guardian Accounts of Granville Co., NC.

      Also, on another posting, Message 3, I put that Louisa Mary Ann
      Philpott's guardian (around the same time frame as Mildred)was James
      Philpott. That should have been McVey Chandler. In Guardian
      Accounts
      of Granville County, NC it says that McVey Chandler was guardian of
      Lendon Philpott and of Louisa Mary Ann Philpott.

      Does anyone know whether Louisa Mary Ann and Lindon's father was
      James
      or John Philpott? I've seen it both ways. Any help will be
      appreciated.

      Sorry for the wrong information.

      Grace