Torrents, once again.

  • Spanky
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
      I have been avidly downloading torrents from Demonoid and I have been
      seeding them a while. Below is a link for a pack of torrents that I am
      currently seeding and have no reason to stop seeding. I want to spread
      Phil and this is how I can do it :D Enjoy.

      http://rapidshare.com/files/150210083/Torrent_Files.rar.html

      P.S. if you think there are virus' in here, you are right there's
      about 50 of them so you better go pull the power plug on your computer
      real quick otherwise it will melt.
    • Matthew
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
        Can I get a quick head's up on how torrents work? I've downloaded
        BitTorrent and then this Torrent File through Rapid Share, but
        BitTorrent lists this file as unable to play. What's the deal?

        Thanks for the assistance and posting PHS material.

        --- In Phil_Hendrie_files@yahoogroups.com, "Spanky"
        <natenkiki2004@...> wrote:

        > I have been avidly downloading torrents from Demonoid and I have been
        > seeding them a while. Below is a link for a pack of torrents that I am
        > currently seeding and have no reason to stop seeding. I want to spread
        > Phil and this is how I can do it :D Enjoy.
        >
        > http://rapidshare.com/files/150210083/Torrent_Files.rar.html
        >
        > P.S. if you think there are virus' in here, you are right there's
        > about 50 of them so you better go pull the power plug on your computer
        > real quick otherwise it will melt.

      • Nate Rowe
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
          It's kinda hard to show you something on your computer without being there. Use uTorrent, it's easy. When you install uTorrent, .torrent files will be associated with it and you can double click them. .torrent files are small files that say what parts, names, trackers the ACTUAL file you want to get has.

          Try this:
          http://www.metacafe.com/watch/772322/how_to_use_utorrent/

          Enjoy.

          Sincerely,
          Nate Rowe

          Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but they bring
          a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

        • Matthew
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
            Cheers Nate!

            --- In Phil_Hendrie_files@yahoogroups.com, Nate Rowe
            <natenkiki2004@...> wrote:

            > It's kinda hard to show you something on your computer without being
            there. Use uTorrent, it's easy. When you install uTorrent, .torrent
            files will be associated with it and you can double click them.
            .torrent files are small files that say what parts, names, trackers
            the ACTUAL file you want to get has.

            > Try this:
            > http://www.metacafe.com/watch/772322/how_to_use_utorrent/
            >
            > Enjoy.
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > Nate Rowe
            >
            > Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but they
            bring
            > a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

          • Adam Nickle
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 17, 2008
              Maybe someone can help me with this, I downloaded UTorrent and saved
              it onto my Flash Drive a while back, I also downloaded a couple of
              Phil Hendrie torrents onto my Flash Drive as well, however when I
              tried to use UTorrent to open the Phil Torrents it didn't work, my
              question is do I have to be connected to the Internet to download the
              Torrents into UTorrent to open them or can I open them with UTorrent
              when i'm not online.
            • Steve Harder-Kucera
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 17, 2008
                I'm not familiar with Utorrent specifically, but a torrent file is just
                a text file. If you didn't actually download the files (the sound files)
                themselves then you won't be able to view them until they are downloaded
                to your system, and yes you have to be connected to the internet to do
                anything with a torrent file.

                Adam Nickle wrote:
                > Maybe someone can help me with this, I downloaded UTorrent and saved
                > it onto my Flash Drive a while back, I also downloaded a couple of
                > Phil Hendrie torrents onto my Flash Drive as well, however when I
                > tried to use UTorrent to open the Phil Torrents it didn't work, my
                > question is do I have to be connected to the Internet to download the
                > Torrents into UTorrent to open them or can I open them with UTorrent
                > when i'm not online.

              • Adam Nickle
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 19, 2008
                  Thanks for the advice