new site, great.. but i cant listen to any audio on my ipod

  • Steven Campbell
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
      Brand new ipod, and none of the audio on the new official site works
      on it. i get an error telling me that the content cannot be played on
      the ipod...

      i have been using mp3 audio for over ten years or so, and have never
      ever had a problem like this.

      anyone know how to make this work?
      i emailed the tech support, but looks like i may have wasted $7 tonite :(
    • Dugger, Leland (Staff - duggerjl)
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
        Steven,

        Open your iTunes player and import the files you download from Phil's site.  Once you've done that, use iTunes to convert them to mp3 files.  I think that will take care of your problem.

        LD

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
          --- In Phil_Hendrie_files@yahoogroups.com, "Dugger, Leland \(Staff -
          duggerjl\)" <leland.dugger@...> wrote:

          > Steven,
          >
          > Open your iTunes player and import the files you download from Phil's
          > site. Once you've done that, use iTunes to convert them to mp3 files.
          > I think that will take care of your problem.
          >
          > LD

          i just tried that, and it does not work either:

          "The Phil Hendrie Show - June 23 2006 Hour 1" was not copied to the
          ipod Steven's iPod because it cannot be played on this ipod"

          I have tried also to convert the files to aac

          i think that phil hendries site people have put some management rights
          in the files so they cannot be easilly uploaded to mp3 players.

          i am getting more and more annoyed, and i want to cancel my account
          about now, but will give it a few more days to either a) figure out
          how to de-authorize the files or b) find a way to legally get them on
          there... but what a pain!
        • Dugger, Leland (Staff - duggerjl)
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
            That's really strange.  Have you had any problems playing files that I, BigD, or anyone else have posted here?

            import the files you download from Phil's
            > site. Once you've done that,
            use iTunes to convert them to mp3 files.
            > I think that will take care of
            your problem.

            > LD

            i just tried that, and it does not work either:

            "The Phil Hendrie Show - June 23 2006 Hour 1" was not copied to the
            ipod Steven's iPod because it cannot be played on this ipod"

            I have tried also to convert the files to aac

            i think that phil hendries site people have put some management rights
            in the files so they cannot be easilly uploaded to mp3 players.

            i am getting more and more annoyed, and i want to cancel my account
            about now, but will give it a few more days to either a) figure out
            how to de-authorize the files or b) find a way to legally get them on
            there... but what a pain!

          • bigd606
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
              Send the group one of the files that you are having trouble with and
              we'll have a look at it. They may have put some copy protection on
              them so they can't be bootlegged...I love a challange...

              --- In Phil_Hendrie_files@yahoogroups.com, "Dugger, Leland \(Staff -
              duggerjl\)" <leland.dugger@...> wrote:

              > That's really strange. Have you had any problems playing files
              that I,
              > BigD, or anyone else have posted here?
              >
              > ________________________________

              Campbell

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                On a related note: has anyone else got a backstage pass to Phil's new site?  I can't get any of the audio on the site to play.  (Keep getting a message that it can't connect to the server.)  I've contacted the site, but gotten no response.

                LD

                wrote:

                > > Steven,
                > >
                > > Open your
                iTunes player and import the files you download from
                Phil's

                site. Once you've done that, use iTunes to convert them to mp3
                files.
                > > I think that will take care of your problem.
                > >
                > > LD
                > >

                > i just tried
                that, and it does not work either:

                > "The Phil Hendrie Show -
                June 23 2006 Hour 1" was not copied to the
                > ipod Steven's iPod because it
                cannot be played on this ipod"

                > I have tried also to convert the
                files to aac

                > i think that phil hendries site people have put
                some management
                rights
                > in the files so they cannot be easilly
                uploaded to mp3 players.

                > i am getting more and more annoyed,
                and i want to cancel my account
                > about now, but will give it a few more
                days to either a) figure out
                > how to de-authorize the files or b) find a
                way to legally get them
                on
                > there... but what a
                pain!

              • bigd606
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                  Hmmmm got me wondering now.....? Maybe it'll work later.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                    I keep thinking that, but it's still doing nothing.  Just checked 5 minutes ago.  I'm wondering if it's just glitches with a new site.

                    Hmmmm got me wondering now.....? Maybe it'll work later.

                    --- In Phil_Hendrie_ files@yahoogroup s.com, "Dugger, Leland \(Staff -
                    duggerjl\)" <leland.dugger@ ...> wrote:

                    > On a related note: has anyone else got a backstage pass
                    to Phil's
                    new
                    > site? I can't get any of the audio on the site to
                    play. (Keep
                    getting
                    > a message that it can't connect to the server.)
                    I've contacted the
                    > site, but gotten no response.

                    LD

                    wrote:

                    > > That's really strange. Have you had any
                    problems playing files
                    > that I,
                    > > BigD, or anyone else have
                    posted here?

                    ____________ _________ _________ __

                    <leland.dugger@ > wrote:

                    > > > Steven,
                    > > >
                    > > > Open your iTunes player and import the
                    files you download from
                    > Phil's
                    > > > site. Once you've done
                    that, use iTunes to convert them to mp3
                    > files.
                    think that will take care of your problem.

                    LD

                    > > i just tried
                    that, and it does not work either:

                    > > "The Phil Hendrie
                    Show - June 23 2006 Hour 1" was not copied to
                    the
                    > > ipod Steven's
                    iPod because it cannot be played on this ipod"

                    > > I have
                    tried also to convert the files to aac

                    > > i think that
                    phil hendries site people have put some management
                    > rights

                    in the files so they cannot be easilly uploaded to mp3 players.

                    > > i am getting more and more annoyed, and i want to cancel my
                    account
                    > > about now, but will give it a few more days to either
                    a) figure
                    out
                    > > how to de-authorize the files or b) find a way to
                    legally get
                    them
                    > on
                    > > there... but what a pain!

                  • bigd606
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
                      The site says "Under Construction",,, The site is all in a heap right
                      now!!!