PHS: August 19, 2002.mp3

  • Dugger, Leland (Staff - duggerjl)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 12:05 PM

      In Hour 1:  Dean Wheeler calls in to talk about how he's embarassed to be an American after 9/11 because Europeans think we're chicken since we thought there would be additional terrorist attacks and there weren't.  They even cluck like a chicken and do a chicken walk to make fun of us.  Dean believes that "we've been diaper-dirtying babies since 9/11," so he's setting up changing areas near major malls and having people put on diapers.  One woman whose daughter was killed on 9/11 even calls in to yell at Dean.  The hour ends with Phil playing clips from the bands who have been "auditioning" to play for his party.

      In Hour 2:  Phil opens the hour talking about the death of terrorist leader Abu Nedal, and then reassures listeners that Osama Bin Laden is dead or on the run.  Phil rants about what the real job of flight attendants is.  Following the flashback, Phil takes calls from listeners, including one who was mildly irritated by his comments on flight attendants.  The calls then switch to favorite character lines.

      In Hour 3:  Self-proclaimed medium, Dr. Jim Sadler, joins Phil to talk about communicating with the dead.  He explains how the dead communicate with him: the living spouse is put under hypnosis and into a trance; they then become a conduit for the voice of the dead.  Now $37,000 is missing from a widow's account; Dr. Sadler says he used it to pay her debts (and took a commission for himself) after the spirit of her dead husband led him to all of her account information.  Dr. Sadler also gives an explanation of how he hypnotizes his clients, including through the use of a portable pipe organ, Rohypnol, and glasses with spirals on the lens.  Phil rants about people who claim to be religious/Christians and show it on the outside, but they don't actually live it.  A listener calls in to talk with Phil about religion.

    • Scott Brown

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5 6:27 AM
          Scott -

          Thanks for catching this!  I uploaded the wrong files.  Sorry about that, guys.  My best excuse is that I've been meeting with new students all day long and I just didn't pay close enough attention.  I'll repost the correct files shortly.