File - Pfight FAQ.txt

  • Pfight@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 204 , Nov 6, 2005
      FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

      Q: Is Nero Wolfe really cancelled?
      A: Yes. We're not happy about it but A&E did cancel it though part of our efforts are focused on making sure they show repeats and an occasional Nero Wolfe marathon.

      Q: Why did A&E cancel the show?
      A: Only they can tell you for sure. They'll tell you it was very costly and didn't do well enough in the ratings. Those things certainly may have come into play but so might other issues -- their overall ratings as a network were down, costs for the increased number of made-for-TV events they were committed too were going up, the head of programming who'd been a great supporter of the show was fired and a clean sweep was probably involved.

      Q: What are we - the Pfui Pfighters - doing about it?
      A: We're writing, faxing and calling.

      Q: Who are we writing, faxing and calling?
      A: Lots of places:

      1) A&E to make sure we get to see encore presentations, possibly more videos, soundtracks and merchandise made available for purchase,

      2) Bantam Books to make sure they know that even though the show is cancelled there is still an even growing interest in the Nero Wolfe books so they should continue to make them available and even expand their title list,

      3) the producers - Jaffe Braunstein Films LTD and Timothy Hutton - to tell them how much we love the show and to show our support to them (and to give them piles and piles of mail to show off should other networks be interested),

      4) the media -- keeping the show in the news and not letting it slip into the "Abyss of Shows Gone By" means that it's more likely someone will pick it up or make a TV movie or two.

      Q: What about emailing?
      A: Yes, you CAN email but actual letters and postcards and faxes make MUCH more of an impact.

      Q: What are the addresses I should use?
      A: We have gathered quite an impressive array of information and put it in the files section of the site for people to use. You can find them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pfight/files/. In there we have folders with address lists, letterhead, stickers and fax cover sheets to download, sample letters and other things that might help. We also have files related to the show itself: FAQs about the music, a list of texts - hours of fun.

      Q: But I want to start now! What are the addresses I can use?
      A: OK, here's the jump start for you but don't forget to check out everything else.

      1) To reach the producers for a show of support, you can use either one or both of the following:
      - Jaffe/Braunstein Films * 12301 Wilshire Blvd Suite 110 * Los Angeles, CA 90025
      - Timothy Hutton * c/o Judy Hoffland * 9465 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 820 * Beverly Hills, CA 90212

      2) To reach Bantam publishers who are currently stocking bookstores
      with reprints, you can use: Bantam Crimeline * 1540 Broadway * NYC, NY 10036 * bdpublicity@...

      3) To reach A&E (I know they canceled it but we want more showings, soundtracks, videos, etc) use:
      - Abbe Raven, General Manager and Executive Vice President * A&E Television * 235 E. 45th St. * New York, NY 10017

      Q: What about the actor's home address?
      A: No, we don't post those and we don't encourage members to use them. There are appropriate ways to reach the cast - through their agents and we provide that information as well get it. Anyone posting such information will be warned and the message deleted. If there is a second infraction, the poster will be banned for a period of time.

      Remember -- talk the show up to everyone you know and in any place you think fans might be found - or cultivated. Or brainwashed. Or bribed :-) The most effective thing fans can do in support of keeping a favorite show on a network is something that impacts ratings -- Word of Mouth. Get the word out to newsgroups, online mailing lists, write letters to the editor of local papers, weeklies, entertainment rags, TV Guide, etc...If ratings for repeats go up, someone is gonna notice - believe me!

      Pfui loud, pfui proud, pfui forever!

      Deb
      aka nycknows
    • Pfight@yahoogroups.com
      Message 204 of 204 , Apr 1 6:57 AM
        This is a periodic message, sent once a month to the members of the Pfui Pfighters yahoo group.

        You can unsubscribe by sending an email to:
        or you can manage your membership online at:

        FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

        Q: Is Nero Wolfe really cancelled?
        A: Yes. We're not happy about it but A&E did cancel it though part of our efforts are focused on making sure they show repeats and an occasional Nero Wolfe marathon.

        Q: Why did A&E cancel the show?
        A: Only they can tell you for sure. They'll tell you it was very costly and didn't do well enough in the ratings. Those things certainly may have come into play but so might other issues -- their overall ratings as a network were down, costs for the increased number of made-for-TV events they were committed too were going up, the head of programming who'd been a great supporter of the show was fired and a clean sweep was probably involved.

        Q: What are we - the Pfui Pfighters - doing about it?
        A: We're writing, faxing and calling.

        Q: Who are we writing, faxing and calling?
        A: Lots of places:

        1) A&E to make sure we get to see encore presentations, possibly more videos, soundtracks and merchandise made available for purchase,

        2) Bantam Books to make sure they know that even though the show is cancelled there is still an even growing interest in the Nero Wolfe books so they should continue to make them available and even expand their title list,

        3) the producers - Jaffe Braunstein Films LTD and Timothy Hutton - to tell them how much we love the show and to show our support to them (and to give them piles and piles of mail to show off should other networks be interested),

        4) the media -- keeping the show in the news and not letting it slip into the "Abyss of Shows Gone By" means that it's more likely someone will pick it up or make a TV movie or two.

        Q: What about emailing?
        A: Yes, you CAN email but actual letters and postcards and faxes make MUCH more of an impact.

        Q: What are the addresses I should use?
        A: We have gathered quite an impressive array of information and put it in the files section of the site for people to use. You can find them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pfight/files/. In there we have folders with address lists, letterhead, stickers and fax cover sheets to download, sample letters and other things that might help. We also have files related to the show itself: FAQs about the music, a list of texts - hours of fun.

        Q: But I want to start now! What are the addresses I can use?
        A: OK, here's the jump start for you but don't forget to check out everything else.

        1) To reach the producers for a show of support, you can use either one or both of the following:
        - Jaffe/Braunstein Films * 12301 Wilshire Blvd Suite 110 * Los Angeles, CA 90025
        - Timothy Hutton * c/o Judy Hoffland * 9465 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 820 * Beverly Hills, CA 90212

        2) To reach Bantam publishers who are currently stocking bookstores
        with reprints, you can use: Bantam Crimeline * 1540 Broadway * NYC, NY 10036 * bdpublicity@...

        3) To reach A&E (I know they canceled it but we want more showings, soundtracks, videos, etc) use:
        - Abbe Raven, General Manager and Executive Vice President * A&E Television * 235 E. 45th St. * New York, NY 10017

        Q: What about the actor's home address?
        A: No, we don't post those and we don't encourage members to use them. There are appropriate ways to reach the cast - through their agents and we provide that information as well get it. Anyone posting such information will be warned and the message deleted. If there is a second infraction, the poster will be banned for a period of time.