Re: Researching Garden, Mutch

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 1998
      Elizabeth Spinello wrote:
      > From: Elizabeth Spinello <mdearest@...>

      > I am researching a John Garden, married to Jessie Mutch on 30 Sept.1890.
      > They had a son, David, born August 15. 1894. I don't know how many other
      > children (if any) they had.

      Do you have their marriage certificate ?

      I had a look at the 1891 census index on microfiche:
      Name, sex, age, district, page, parish
      John Garden, M, 55, 4, 6, Peterhead
      John Garden, M, 23, 14, 12, Peterhead
      John Garden, M, 71, 18, 2, Peterhead
      John B. Garden, M, 7, 4, 6, Peterhead
      Jessie Garden, F, 31, 4, 6, Peterhead
      Jessie Garden, F, 0, 4, 6, Peterhead
      Jemima Garden, F, 20, 14, 16, Peterhead
      Jane Garden, F, 62, 18, 2, Peterhead
      Jane Garden, F, 26, 23, 7, Peterhead

      If you had their parents or age you would probably have more luck with
      the 1881 census which is well indexed.