Re: [Peterhead] Kean & Benzie

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2000
      Hi Lynley,

      I Tilbury wrote:

      wade would you have a look at the 1841 and 1881 census  for the Seamen surnames

      KEAN and Benzie

      No Kean or Benzie in the at sea section of the 1841 census.

      1881 Census
      Dwelling: 19 Merchant Street
       Census Place: Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Source: FHL Film 0203464     GRO Ref    Volume 232-1    EnumDist 11    Page 3
       Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      Robert KEAN M 41  M Longside, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Head
       Occ: Seaman
      Christina KEAN M 40  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Wife

      Dwelling: 9A Errol Street
       Census Place: Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Source: FHL Film 0203464     GRO Ref    Volume 232-1    EnumDist 13    Page 19
       Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      James BENZIE M 27  M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Head
       Occ: Seaman
      Ann BENZIE M 26  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Wife
       Occ: Seamans Wife
      Andrew Jas. BENZIE   3  M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Son
      Maggie Jane BENZIE   1  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Daur
      David BENZIE U 25  M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Boarder
       Occ: Flesher
      John BENZIE   15  M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Boarder
       Occ: Cooper

      Regards, Wade.

    • I Tilbury
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000

        Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 11:37 AM
        Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Kean & Benzie

        Hi Lynley,

        I Tilbury wrote:

[...]

        From Lynley Tilbury

        i.l.tilbury@...

        Just a very big thankyou for the above , its will help find some important info for me

        And it looks like James Benzie had brothers living with them  .

        I think I have told you that James Benzie DIED AT SEA , but how can I find out HOW

        Look forward to hearing from you

                                    Regards LynleyPeterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
          Hi Lynley

          I Tilbury wrote:

          I think I have told you that James Benzie DIED AT SEA , but how can I find out HOW
          The death is usually recorded in the parish that the ship returns to after its voyage and will also be found it the ships crew agreement.

          Which means that you would need to know the year and preferably the name of the ship, either from a headstone or newspaper article.

          Regards, Wade.

        • I Tilbury
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2000

            Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 2:31 PM

            Hi Lynley

            I Tilbury wrote:

            I think I have told you that James Benzie DIED AT SEA , but how can I find out HOW
            The death is usually recorded in the parish that the ship returns to after its voyage and will also be found it the ships crew agreement.

            Which means that you would need to know the year and preferably the name of the ship, either from a headstone or newspaper article.

            Regards, Wade.

            Hi Wade

            Thanks for the above , as it says as far as i know on the head stone died at sea does not help much .

            So now i wonder if i give you the date if someone could take a look at the papers for me , the date on the head stone

            says 21st of APRIL 1901

                                                    REGARDS LYNLEYPeterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

          • Nicholas J. Moir
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2000
              Lynley

              If James Benzie died at sea on the 21st of April 1901, the full details will
              be on his death certificate.  Surely that is the best information available
              to you as it will give the time, place, date, the cause, usual residence
              etc, etc.

              Take care,

              Nick  Moir
              Aberdeenshire & Angus Ancestors
              nimo@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 11, 2000

                >>> Please can you find out if you can about the ship ECLIPSE
                >>> Who else was on that ship , maybe there was a KEAN
                >>> And what the word SEPECTIOEER means
                >>> And anything else anyone can add
                REGARDS LYNLEY