Re: [Peterhead] Milne/Kinloch

  • Joanne Pye
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi Bruce,
      Thanks for your info. As you will know my James was born 1870, and
      unfortunately all of my other James' were born early to mid 1900's. I'll
      keep your information on file though because you never know!

      Thanks again, and hope your search is going well!
      Joanne

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
        Hi Joanne,

        Welcome to the list:

        Joanne Pye wrote:

        CHARLES MILNE b1830 Crimond, Aberdeen.  Merchant Seaman, married 17/11/1857 to HELEN KINLOCH, Peterhead.
        I haven't found very much information on your Charles Milne and parents, as he was at sea during the 1851 census.

        Crew Agreements 1851
        "Dublin" of Peterhead, 328 tons, John Mackie Master, Peterhead to Greenland & Davis Straits, Seal and Whale fishing.
        Charles Milne, 21, Crimond, ticket no. 101230, previous ship: "Dublin" of Peterhead, joined: 11th Feb.1851 at Peterhead, Seaman, left ship: 25th July 1851 Peterhead, discharged.

        Crew Agreements 1854
        "Dublin" of Peterhead, 328 tons, Greenland Seas
        Charles Milne, 24, Crimond, 101230, "Ranger" of Peterhead, 17/8/1853 Peterhead, Seaman, 9/12/1853 Peterhead, discharged.

        To get Charles Milne's ticket information and physical characteristics you will need to order film number 1482543 from an LDS FHC.

         Helen Kinloch was b1834 Peterhead.  Her parents were JAMES KINLOCH and HELEN RIACH m1831 Peterhead.
        Peterhead 1851 Census
        District 13, page 33, No.173, 87 King Street
        Ellen Kinloch, Wife of Head, 44, Peterhead
        Ellen Kinloch, daughter, 16, Peterhead
        Shand Kinloch, son, 11, Peterhead
        John Kinloch, son, 9, Duff, Banffshire
        Jane Kinloch, daughter, 7, Duff, Banffshire
        Daniel Kinloch, son, 4, Peterhead

        Peterhead Deaths
        No.37, Janet Kinloch (married), died 16/3/1856 3h 30m am at 75/10 Kirk Street, female, 85 years, parents: Watson, crofter (deceased) and Watson ms Smith (deceased), cause: debility, informant: Helen Kenlock, daughter-in-law, present.

        No.95, Andrew Kinloch, weaver married to Janet Watson (dead), died 5/9/1859 10h am at 55 Kirk Street, male, 92 years, parents: James Kinloch, Shoemaker (dead) and Margaret Kinloch ms Williamson, cause: Natural decay, informant: Hellen Kinloch, daughter-in-law, occupier, present.

        No.187, James Kinloch, Rope & Sailmaker married to Helen Riach, died 15/12/1865 6h am at 36 Kirk Street, male, 55 years, parents: Andrew Kinloch soldier (dead) and Janet Kinloch ms Watson (dead), cause: (a). Sphacelus of Bladder, a few days (b). Structure Ur?, many years, informant: Daniel Kinloch, son, present, inmate.

        1852 Crew Agreements
        "Traveller" of Peterhead, 400 tons, Peterhead to Greenland and Davis Straits, whales & seal fishing.
        James Kinloch, 43, Peterhead, 114250, "Traveller" of Peterhead, 16/2/1852 Peterhead, Spectioner, 6/9/1852 Peterhead, discharged.
        James Kinloch, 19, Peterhead, 170404, "Xanthus" of Peterhead, 16/2/1852 Peterhead, Line Coiler, 6/9/1852 Peterhead, discharged.

         SHAND MCINNON KINLOCH   b1839 Peterhead, Was a Seaman Shand McInnon Kinloch m ANN FRASER 1863 Peterhead.
        Are you interested in the parents of Ann Fraser from the 1851 Census?

        Regards, Wade.

      • Joanne Pye
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2000
          Hi Wade,

          My apologies, but I forgot to respond to your question.  Yes I would be very interested to know of Ann Fraser's family from the 1851census, if you would be so kind.  Thank you very much for all of your help.
          Joanne

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12, 2000
            Hi Joanne,

            Joanne Pye wrote:

            My apologies, but I forgot to respond to your question.  Yes I would be very interested to know of Ann Fraser's family from the 1851census, if you would be so kind.  Thank you very much for all of your help.
            District 17, page 6, No.16, Dens
            John Fraser, head, 47, Lonmay
            Margaret Fraser, wife, 50, Rathen
            Barbara Fraser, daughter, 23, Rathen
            Magdalane Fraser, daughter, 18, Peterhead
            Ann Fraser, daughter, 12, Peterhead
            Rebeca Fraser, daughter, 9, Peterhead
            Charlotte Birnie, grand-daughter, 7, Peterhead
            Benjamin Park, grand-son, 1, Peterhead