Milne/Kinloch

  • Joanne Pye
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
      Hi all,

      I'm new to this list and thought I'd say hello and let you all know who I'm researching.  Firstly there the MILNE family.

      I have the following:

      WILLIAM MILNE and MARY SMITH I have no information for this people except that they are stated as the parents of Charles Milne on his wedding certificate.  I would very much appreciate it if anyone feels they could do a lookup for these people in either the 1841 or 1851 census for me, as I have hit a brick wall as far as they are concerned.  Thank you in advance.

      Their only know son:
      CHARLES MILNE b1830 Crimond, Aberdeen.  Merchant Seaman, married 17/11/1857 to HELEN KINLOCH, Peterhead.
      Children:

      Prior to marriage and likely not to be the daughter of Charles was:
      JEMIMA DUSTAN KINLOCH    b1854 Peterhead Wool Mill Worker

      This was Charles' son, but he was born and registered prior to the marriage
      CHARLES MILNE (KINLOCH) c1858 Peterhead, Journeyman Slater

      Other Children were:
      DANIEL MILNE    b1859 Peterhead, Slater
      WILLIAM THOMSON MILNE    b1867 Peterhead
      JAMES MILNE    b1870 Peterhead

      Helen Kinloch was b1834 Peterhead.  Her parents were JAMES KINLOCH and HELEN RIACH m1831 Peterhead.  Other children to James and Helen Kinloch were:

      DANIEL BURNET KINLOCH    b1846 Peterhead, Possibly a Seaman
      SHAND MCINNON KINLOCH   b1839 Peterhead, Was a Seaman

      Shand McInnon Kinloch m ANN FRASER 1863 Peterhead.  Their children were:

      SHAND KINLOCH b1867 Peterhead, Ship's Joiner
      MARY ANN KINLOCH b1870 Peterhead, Mill Worker
      HELEN KINLOCH    b1875 Peterhead,
      ALEXANDER KINLOCH b1879 Peterhead

      I'm sorry if I've included too much info, but I'm still finding my feet as far as posting is concerned.  I would be delighted to hear from anyone who thinks they may be able to offer any further information, and I look forward to being a part of this list.

      Thank you for your time
      Joanne

    • Bruce Milne
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
        My Father, Peter Milne, was born in Peterhead in 1895 the oldest of nine
        including Joh, James and William and Christine ( stillliving in Aberdeen)
        Mary and another whose name escapes me. My grandfather's name was James (
        I believe) who would have been bor around 1850, I suppose. No other info
        to provide and I'm not sure it was of any value......have fun!
      • Joanne Pye
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
          Hi Bruce,
          Thanks for your info. As you will know my James was born 1870, and
          unfortunately all of my other James' were born early to mid 1900's. I'll
          keep your information on file though because you never know!

          Thanks again, and hope your search is going well!
          Joanne

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
            Hi Joanne,

            Welcome to the list:

            Joanne Pye wrote:

            CHARLES MILNE b1830 Crimond, Aberdeen.  Merchant Seaman, married 17/11/1857 to HELEN KINLOCH, Peterhead.
            I haven't found very much information on your Charles Milne and parents, as he was at sea during the 1851 census.

            Crew Agreements 1851
            "Dublin" of Peterhead, 328 tons, John Mackie Master, Peterhead to Greenland & Davis Straits, Seal and Whale fishing.
            Charles Milne, 21, Crimond, ticket no. 101230, previous ship: "Dublin" of Peterhead, joined: 11th Feb.1851 at Peterhead, Seaman, left ship: 25th July 1851 Peterhead, discharged.

            Crew Agreements 1854
            "Dublin" of Peterhead, 328 tons, Greenland Seas
            Charles Milne, 24, Crimond, 101230, "Ranger" of Peterhead, 17/8/1853 Peterhead, Seaman, 9/12/1853 Peterhead, discharged.

            To get Charles Milne's ticket information and physical characteristics you will need to order film number 1482543 from an LDS FHC.

             Helen Kinloch was b1834 Peterhead.  Her parents were JAMES KINLOCH and HELEN RIACH m1831 Peterhead.
            Peterhead 1851 Census
            District 13, page 33, No.173, 87 King Street
            Ellen Kinloch, Wife of Head, 44, Peterhead
            Ellen Kinloch, daughter, 16, Peterhead
            Shand Kinloch, son, 11, Peterhead
            John Kinloch, son, 9, Duff, Banffshire
            Jane Kinloch, daughter, 7, Duff, Banffshire
            Daniel Kinloch, son, 4, Peterhead

            Peterhead Deaths
            No.37, Janet Kinloch (married), died 16/3/1856 3h 30m am at 75/10 Kirk Street, female, 85 years, parents: Watson, crofter (deceased) and Watson ms Smith (deceased), cause: debility, informant: Helen Kenlock, daughter-in-law, present.

            No.95, Andrew Kinloch, weaver married to Janet Watson (dead), died 5/9/1859 10h am at 55 Kirk Street, male, 92 years, parents: James Kinloch, Shoemaker (dead) and Margaret Kinloch ms Williamson, cause: Natural decay, informant: Hellen Kinloch, daughter-in-law, occupier, present.

            No.187, James Kinloch, Rope & Sailmaker married to Helen Riach, died 15/12/1865 6h am at 36 Kirk Street, male, 55 years, parents: Andrew Kinloch soldier (dead) and Janet Kinloch ms Watson (dead), cause: (a). Sphacelus of Bladder, a few days (b). Structure Ur?, many years, informant: Daniel Kinloch, son, present, inmate.

            1852 Crew Agreements
            "Traveller" of Peterhead, 400 tons, Peterhead to Greenland and Davis Straits, whales & seal fishing.
            James Kinloch, 43, Peterhead, 114250, "Traveller" of Peterhead, 16/2/1852 Peterhead, Spectioner, 6/9/1852 Peterhead, discharged.
            James Kinloch, 19, Peterhead, 170404, "Xanthus" of Peterhead, 16/2/1852 Peterhead, Line Coiler, 6/9/1852 Peterhead, discharged.

             SHAND MCINNON KINLOCH   b1839 Peterhead, Was a Seaman Shand McInnon Kinloch m ANN FRASER 1863 Peterhead.
            Are you interested in the parents of Ann Fraser from the 1851 Census?

            Regards, Wade.

          • Joanne Pye
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10, 2000
              Hi Wade,

              My apologies, but I forgot to respond to your question.  Yes I would be very interested to know of Ann Fraser's family from the 1851census, if you would be so kind.  Thank you very much for all of your help.
              Joanne

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 12, 2000
                Hi Joanne,

                Joanne Pye wrote:

                My apologies, but I forgot to respond to your question.  Yes I would be very interested to know of Ann Fraser's family from the 1851census, if you would be so kind.  Thank you very much for all of your help.
                District 17, page 6, No.16, Dens
                John Fraser, head, 47, Lonmay
                Margaret Fraser, wife, 50, Rathen
                Barbara Fraser, daughter, 23, Rathen
                Magdalane Fraser, daughter, 18, Peterhead
                Ann Fraser, daughter, 12, Peterhead
                Rebeca Fraser, daughter, 9, Peterhead
                Charlotte Birnie, grand-daughter, 7, Peterhead
                Benjamin Park, grand-son, 1, Peterhead