Re: [Peterhead] 1851 Census

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2000
      Hi Betty,

      Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

      Looking for William Bruce on the above census.  He was christened in
      Aberdeen in 1797. He was in Peterhead in 1842 as he was a witness at his
      nephew's baptism. He died in 1858 in Peterhead. He was married but I
      have no clues as to who he married.He was a labourer on his death
      certificate.
      I didn't find William Bruce in the Peterhead 1851 Census.  I also looked for any Bruce in Ugie Street, which is where he died, but didn't find any.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2000
        Hi Betty,

        Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

        Hi Wade, On the 1861 census of Peterhead Dis.18 Berry Den., there ia an
        Emday Diverall age47 who is a widow to Wm Arbuthnot. Is she on the 1851
        census??
        I didn't find her in the 1851 census for Peterhead.