Various

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2000
      For Lynley Tilbury

      The Seamen's Ticket information is located (at the LDS) on the "Locality Index" under, I think Maritime Records, for Great Britain. I got a lot of help from Wade (Buchan) on this.

      I'm not sure if there was a separate Census in 1861 for Seamen who were away from home at Census time. I do know that on the 1841 Census there is a separate section dealing with this (At the end of the Census), but they may have decided not to carry this on after 1841..............Does anyone out there know ??

      Best Regards.................................Alex Ritchie