Re: [Peterhead] Pigot Directory 1846/47

  • I Tilbury
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2000

      Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2000 5:34 AM
      Subject: [Peterhead] Pigot Directory 1846/47

      For Alison Anderson

      Hi Alison,
                       I was very interested in your note to Wade about the 1846/47 Pigot Directory with the Peterhead information in it. Particularly your reference to the Shipmasters and their vessels.
                       Would there be any way you could put that particular information (shipmasters & vessels) on, or would that still be asking rather a lot ?
                       Alternatively, if I could give you names of certain shipmasters would you be able to tell if they appear on that Directory and what their vessels would have been ?

                       Many thanks & Kindest Regards

                       Alex Ritchie
      Hi There Alex
      I Thought I would let you know that we have seen  the film with the first Kean boys births on it spelt Kenn they were born in
      MINTLAW VILLIAGE , do you anything about that part the boys were William, James ,and Robert.
      Now Robert was the one that was a Seamen . What age did they have to be to be a seamen
      I Have just had a look and hes listed in 1841 as being a seamen and at that time they were in Banff.
      When I saw this about the Pigot Directory with the information in it Particularly the Ref. to the Shipmaster and thier vessels
      I thought you may be able to find out about Robert and the ship he was on .
                                          Lynley Tilbury