1841 Census (Leslie)

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 1998
      Hi Judy,

      Judy Hand wrote:

      > I would appreciate your looking the following family up on the 1841
      > Census of Peterhead:
      > Peter Leslie, seaman, 30 years
      > Eliza Leslie m.s. Stewart, 26 years
      > Alexander Stewart Leslie, 3 years
      > Peter Leslie, infant

      District 2, Page 13, Broad Street
      Eliza Leslie, 25, Seaman's wife, Y
      Alexander Leslie, 3, Y
      Peter Leslie, 2 months, Y

      District 10, Page 3 (At sea), Broad Street
      Peter Leslie, 30, Seaman, Y

      > If you are checking the OPR, would you be able to check for the birth of
      > Eliza Stewart c.1815, as I do not know her parents' names.

      I didn't find her in Peterhead.

      Regards, Wade
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 1998
        Hi Sharron,

        Sharron Cole wrote:

        > You did a look up of the 1851 census for me and came up with the names of
        > some of my gggrandfather Thomas Baron Leslie's siblings. As Eliza was
        > missing from that census then there may well have been others who had left
        > home between a 1841 census and the 1851 one.

        Longside, District 6, page 16, Longside Village
        Thomas Leslie, 45, Bookseller, Y
        Bridget Lelsie, 30, Ireland
        Helen Leslie, 15, Ireland
        James Leslie, 13, Ireland
        Elizabeth Leslie, 10, Y
        Mary Lelsie, 8, Y
        Thomas Lelsie, 6, Y
        Ann Lelsie, 5, Y
        Joseph Leslie, 4, Y
        Jane Leslie, 2, Y

        Regards, Wade.
      • Judy Hand
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 1998
          Dear Wade

          Thank you for looking my Leslie family up, and for checking to see
          whether there is a birth listing in the OPR for Eliza Stewart (or
          Stuart). I have found Eliza's death in the GROS indexes, so I may glean
          the information from there.

          It really is wonderful to have you help us like this!

          Kind regards
          Judy Hand